ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2002, 09:14 PM
Fire Goby

Skin: Mint
karlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
protector 
3link 
gallery
Default last fish for tank ?

i want to add that last fish to the tank. ive asked about copperbands and love them but they would wipe out my feather dusters. thought about a flame angel but have heard of to many that harass firefish (have a mated pair). ive been thinking about a coral beauty or some type of reef safe wrasse. does anybody have any ideas? i want someting fairly small, does not harass other docile fish, or eats ornamental shrimps (cleaner, fire) but has lots of color, and does not destroy corals. any opinions appreaciated
karlas is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 06-07-2002, 01:29 PM   #2
Fire Goby

karlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond reputekarlas has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
protector 
3link 
gallery
Default Re: last fish for tank ?

anybody? nobody? somebody?
Old 06-11-2002, 10:20 AM   #3
KingFish

Matt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery

Heh. Where'd everybody go?
I think summer is kicking in!

Well I liked my Coral Beauty. It didn't bother any of the corals I had.

That said, I have heard that some may develop a 'taste' for some corals: star polyps, open brains, etc.. and become nippy, but at the same time I have heard that keeping them well fed helps. The majority seem to be fine though and considered reef safe.

In my experience, they are not much of a problem, mellow and beautiful.

Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-12-2002, 03:23 AM   #4
Fire Goby

3reefer 
protector 
3link 
gallery

he thats_crazyhe thats_crazy thought everybody dissapeared thanks for the response
Old 06-17-2002, 01:06 AM   #5
Plankton

ivyspig is on a distinguished road

gallery

Hi--All pygmy angels are not really considered reef safe. Sometimes when first introduced to a tank, it can take them several months to discover your corals......trust me--THEY WILL DISCOVER THEM AT SOME POINT!! Pygmy Angels are also a little aggressive. You should try (if you don't have them already) tangs, clowns, gobies, blennies, cardinalfish, wrasses (some reef safe wrasses include : sixline, fairy, coris, and cleaner). A good site to check out that has reef safe fishes listed is www.petswarehouse.com/marinereef.htm
Good Luck!
ivyspig is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-17-2002, 02:27 PM   #6
Fire Goby

3reefer 
protector 
3link 
gallery

im checking out some of those wrasses that u mention but i did find a reef safe butterfly that does not eat corals its a plankton eater i might check into these more
http://www.themarinecenter.com/thompsoni.htm
Old 06-18-2002, 07:17 AM   #7
KingFish

Matt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery

A Thompson Butterfly?
That is a new one to me. Cool! Is that from the Red Sea?

I still think a Coral Beauty is a good fish. Ivyspig is being cautious which is a good thing, but I had mine for 3 years without problems and I know others that have had similar success. If you do some searchs on rc, you will see that many have had little to no problems, while a few have. Your choice, but I think to say that they are all bad eventually, is not true.

If you go the butterfly route, just remember what I said about my Butterfly and my Tang and rearrange your rocks a bit prior to adding the fish so that the Tang might be a little less territorial.

Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-20-2002, 01:45 AM   #8
Fire Goby

3reefer 
protector 
3link 
gallery

i do love the butterflies but keep leaning twd the coral beauty or a carpenter wrasse it will be a while anyway but just making sure before buying. maby i can do both since they are both small fish. the carpenter only gets about 3" itself. it will be one of the 2 (or both) well have to see
Old 06-29-2002, 01:11 AM   #9
Fire Goby

3reefer 
protector 
3link 
gallery

i think ive decided b/w a coral beauty or carpenter wrasse both are beautiful fish and did a lot of checking shouldnt have a problem with either. it will be a while before buying when i get the extra $$$ but i came down to those choices
Old 10-23-2002, 03:50 AM   #10
Fire Goby

3reefer 
protector 
3link 
gallery

well i got em the last fish i decided on a mandarin i found one that was very healthy and nice looking. i wanted one before but decided not to but since the tank has been going for over a year and i got a good pod population thats what i ended up with. picked him up yesterday i also got a flower anemone it attached itself right away and took a piece of clam today. so hopefully it does well. the mandarin is out and hunting so he should be ok.

Click Here!