Holy fishy!!!

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by aquariaman, Jul 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

2. Click Here!

3. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

every time a fish costs that much, its 100 percent rarity. people want rare fish and will pay a pretty penny to get them.

4. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

judging by the temp, i would say he is from deeper waters and probably not commonly caught. Just a guess though.

5. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

or he is simply a very colorful temperate water fish, which are very hard to come by from what i hear.

6. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

It is a deep water fish. In order to catch them, the fish have to be caught by a submarine and have to go through a special decompression technique, which takes time.

You can read a bit about it here: Dr. Seuss Soapfish (Belonoperca pylei) in the Diver's Den | AquaNerd

7. aquariaman

Yea ,it looks like a colorful fish but 6,000 buck-a-roo's! What do they think im smokin'! :D

8. Click Here!

9. displacedTxn

displacedTxn Plankton

Looks rather like a polka doted version of the red snook cichlids I used to have that I got on sale for $4 each...

10. ska d

ska d Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

If you go on diver dens site they have quite a few pricey specimens. Granted that dr. Suess is by far the most bucks. I wouldnt be surprised if it has already sold.

11. aquariaman

Hahaha! I bet very few people could tell the difference too! I mean, if u put this baby on the rack for 4 bucks I think that not too many people would go "OMG THATS THE BELONOPERCA PYLEI!" Haha! Well i know i wouldn't! :p

12. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

It's funny, but not to be a thread bomb, someone already beat you to the punch on this topic, but I love to add, that was several weeks ago. It seems that the whole reef community is sitting around waiting to find out who buys that expensive little bugger. No takers so far??? lol
    -And on another note, would you even want everybody knowing you bought it for fear the snatchers would sneak in and take it. I for one would not advertise it at all.