Goldentail Moray: Feeding question.

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Binky, Jan 25, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Binky

Binky Plankton

I have a goldentail moray that I got the week of Christmas. He is a pretty picky eater in that he only will eat certain freeze dried shrimp and only a couple of those at a time. I think he only eats the freeze dried shrimp when he is really hungry. I have been feeding him mostly frozen squid picked up at my LFS. Recently I found I could get frozen squid much much cheaper at the grocery store. I have only been feeding him the grocery store squid for 3 days now. Normally he is very aggressive when feeding. Tonight he showed no interest in feeding at all and did not come out of the rock like he normally did when eating. Other than his disinterest in eating he has been acting normally today. I thought I read somewhere that eels will do this occasionally and I am looking for any advice/feedback on his disinterest in feeding. Also, I think I may be feeding him more than I was normally feeding due to the fact I am cutting up a whole squid instead of thawing out bits and pieces from the LFS squid.

2. Click Here!

3. Binky

Binky Plankton

Thought you might want to see a pic.

Attached Files:

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Looks great!
    My first guess would be he is just full like you are thinking.
    I don't recall feeding my old snowflake eel very often. He was a little one though. :-/

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

I concur with Matt's assessment. If he looks as good as he does in the picture, not to worry! IMO

6. Binky

Binky Plankton

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    The pic was taken last nite also.

Fed him tonite and he did eat one piece of squid then refused the second so chances are I am over feeding.

He used to eat like a horse but then again he was eating bits and pieces of shredded squid.