ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Millepora

Skin: Mint
nemo1991 is coolnemo1991 is coolnemo1991 is coolnemo1991 is cool

gallery
Default clowns!

ok so right now i have a 55 gallon with 50 pounds of life rock, 2 false percula clowns, a blue damsel, and a 4 striped damsel, and a couple corals, i am buying 90 more pounds of live rock and the guy who is selling me it is throwing in 2 black saddle pack percula clowns, i am only going to add like 20 or 25 more pounds to my exsisting system because i do not want to over run it, but i am storing the live rock until i get a bigger system like 90 or 100 gallons, um i was wondering if the 2 sets of clowns would be fine, the black ones are coming from a 29 gallon cube tank that had 90 pounds of live rock in it, so there territory cant be too much ahha, will it be fine???
nemo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 03-25-2008, 05:18 AM   #2
Giant Squid

Skin: Dark
coral reefer has a reputation beyond reputecoral reefer has a reputation beyond reputecoral reefer has a reputation beyond reputecoral reefer has a reputation beyond reputecoral reefer has a reputation beyond reputecoral reefer has a reputation beyond reputecoral reefer has a reputation beyond reputecoral reefer has a reputation beyond reputecoral reefer has a reputation beyond reputecoral reefer has a reputation beyond reputecoral reefer has a reputation beyond repute

contributor 
3link 
gallery

It is hard to say but I would be willing to say that you will encounter aggression between the Clowns and the Humbug(4 stripe) Damsel as well!
Where are you storing the other live rock and for how long?
coral reefer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-25-2008, 06:01 AM   #3
Astrea Snail

italymanru is on a roll

gallery

try rearranging some rocks in the tank... or just by adding the new rocks in it should lower all their aggression because the fish in there already will lose their existing areas and they will all look for new ones... i know the false can be kept with some but i think clowns are generally aggressive towards other clowns... and those damsels are def gonna be getting in the mix... karma
italymanru is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-25-2008, 06:09 AM   #4
3reef Sponsor

Tangster has a reputation beyond reputeTangster has a reputation beyond reputeTangster has a reputation beyond reputeTangster has a reputation beyond reputeTangster has a reputation beyond reputeTangster has a reputation beyond reputeTangster has a reputation beyond reputeTangster has a reputation beyond reputeTangster has a reputation beyond reputeTangster has a reputation beyond reputeTangster has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Bad idea to add all of these fish to a tank that small I see stress issues from all the infighting and chasing.. Maybe if you filled the hold entire tank with rock work ? But The False Percs. will feel the saddle backs bite no pun intended and the 4 strip is a killer in plain clothes .. He will rule that tank unless the clowns pair off .. Good luck I hope I'm wrong ..
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
Millepora

nemo1991 is coolnemo1991 is coolnemo1991 is coolnemo1991 is cool

gallery

well i woke up this mornin and the 4 stripe was dead stuck to the pwerhead ahha, so that wont be much of a problem any more, um the blue and the 2 exsisting clowns are completely fine and the 2 clowns generally just stay together and mind there own buisness ahah
nemo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
Giant Squid

baugherb has a reputation beyond reputebaugherb has a reputation beyond reputebaugherb has a reputation beyond reputebaugherb has a reputation beyond reputebaugherb has a reputation beyond reputebaugherb has a reputation beyond reputebaugherb has a reputation beyond reputebaugherb has a reputation beyond reputebaugherb has a reputation beyond reputebaugherb has a reputation beyond reputebaugherb has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

Sorry for your losses!!!!!!!
baugherb is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
Giant Squid

Skin: Classic
lunatik_69 has a reputation beyond reputelunatik_69 has a reputation beyond reputelunatik_69 has a reputation beyond reputelunatik_69 has a reputation beyond reputelunatik_69 has a reputation beyond reputelunatik_69 has a reputation beyond reputelunatik_69 has a reputation beyond reputelunatik_69 has a reputation beyond reputelunatik_69 has a reputation beyond reputelunatik_69 has a reputation beyond reputelunatik_69 has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery

Ditto,as baugherb stated, sorry for your loss. Luna
lunatik_69 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!

Tags
clown fish