Clown Fish identification

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by lloydy, Apr 11, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lloydy

lloydy Astrea Snail

hi,

im pretty new to salt water aquariums, as it stand everything seems to be going find, i did loads of research before setting up the tank, and let it cycle for 2 months with live rock.

I visited the LFS to buy a pair of clown's, and came away with two black and white clown fish with orange noses, the question is, what type of clown fish are these? To me they look pretty cool, and i would like to get an anenome for these two to live in, but am unsure as to what type they would be ok with, i've read that most species of clown fish generally adopt bubble tip anenome's.

i have attached a photo, not the best quality i must admit, but hopefully it will help in the identification.

Cheers for any help.

Attached Files:

• fish.JPG
      fish.JPG
      File size:
      11.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Click Here!

3. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

4. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

i think they host magnificent and carpet anemones in the wild but will also host an RBTA in your aquarium

5. kingterra

kingterra Skunk Shrimp

yup black ocellaris

6. Damsels R Cool

Damsels R Cool Millepora

wait atleast a year before adding a nem

7. lloydy

lloydy Astrea Snail

cheers for the quick response.
    RBTA?
    there are a few bubble tip anemone's available at the LFS, a nice green one that looks good. would they be any good?

doing some quick research on carpet anemone's, making me want a blue one, but also realising they are rare, and also harder to look after, although i may look to getting one of these in the future, if i can ever find anywhere to buy one.

8. Click Here!

9. kingterra

kingterra Skunk Shrimp

i have a bad experience with anemones ,not suitable for beginners like us,they advised me to wait till a year before putting it in the tank and they also need a good or very lights which is very expensive.

10. lloydy

lloydy Astrea Snail

the tank has been setup 4 months now, and i havn't had any problems, apart from an algae bloom or two.
    i have 250W metal halide lighting, which should be ample?
    if i was to get an anemone, is there any particular things i need to watch out for?