Bluespotted Watchman Goby

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by dnyce78, Mar 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dnyce78

dnyce78 Astrea Snail

So I was going to feed my anemone this past weekend and I accidentally dropped the silverside for it into an area where my Bluespotted Watchman Goby (~5 inches) lives. The bastard swallowed the thing whole in one gulp. I'm not really concerned because obviously he hasn't died and seemed to have no problem taking the fish down, he even ate a second one. He's a bit shy during feeding times and my wrasses figured out when I feed him they can steal his food before he gets to it so I was wondering if the silversides might be an ok diet for him as the wrasses show no interest in trying to steal those. Anyone see anything wrong with this?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Interesting,

My only concern would be too large of pieces. I see no issue with the type of food (silversides), perhaps just offer smaller pieces. Thanks for the heads up, I think I will give it a try as my goby has a tendency not to eat or compete for food if my clowns are in the area.

4. dnyce78

dnyce78 Astrea Snail

So I did a little bit of an experiment yesterday. I gave him a silverside that was clearly way too big for him, just to see what he would do with it. He DESTROYED it. Took it into his mouth, brought it into his little cave and literally ripped it to pieces. It was gone in about 20 seconds. As soon as my yellow gets big enough I'm going to feed him these too since he's also a huge PITA to feed since he hides in his cave all day. Just thought I'd post my findings.

5. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

My YWG is a beast when it comes to dinner time. He comes out from no where and BAM anything that comes his way is devoured. Gawd I love that fish. My Blue Flasher Wrasse is the same way. He goes from one side to the other in a heart beat just to pick off blood worms. Little bugger is like a torpedo.