Another blenny and goby

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by gkw, May 24, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gkw

gkw Peppermint Shrimp

blenny and goby in the same tank

I was wondering if I can keep a lawnmower blenny and a yellow watchman in my tank. I know they will bother other fishes that have the same shape, but I was wondering is my tank big enough.

I actually want a lawnmower blenny, yellow watchman, and diamond goby in my tank eventually. Can I get away with it? Or only one is likly to survive?

Thanks!
    GKW

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  2. Click Here!

3. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

I think you should be ok. If you add them all at the same time, even better. Lawnmowers tend to be asses sometimes and will fight newcomers. They are different species of fish. Blenny's tend to be all over the tank, whereas sifters and watchmans hang around the lower portion of your tank. You should really be ok with the selection.

The yellow watchman will hang around a crevice at the bottom, he wont bother anyone, as long as they respect his area.

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

You should be fine! I have a lawnmower blenny and watchman goby, and they are fine together. The watchman was MIA for a while though. Takes a while for them to get comfortable.

5. gkw

gkw Peppermint Shrimp

Cool! I went and got a watchman and so far so good. He just hang around the front of the tank right now. He doesn't hide, hope that's a good thing...maybe I need a pistol shrimp. The watchman dart away from the lawnmower every he swim toward him, but that should be solve with time. Same thing happen to my Royal Gramma and now they get along just fine.

Also, I am digging the Japanese pistol shrimp. What do you all think? ...even though I won't see him at all most of the time. :)

Thanks again!
    GKW