75 gallon stocking options

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Wrasse Fan, Aug 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Wrasse Fan

Wrasse Fan Spaghetti Worm

Gonna be picking up a 75 gallon RR tank Tuesday. I am trading some live rock, a skimmer and a pump that have been sitting in my basement for months so im pretty pumped.

I plan on using what i have hooked up to my 45 gallon reef now as far as filtration goes...10 gallon sump and 20 gallon fuge...so around 100 gallons total water volume.

I also have two reactors that I run carbon and GFO in and as far as a skimmer goes I will be using the coralife 125 gallon skimmer.

There will be around 130 pounds of live rock in the total system (80 pounds from my 45 gallon system and 50 pounds of dry rock) and 100 pounds of sand.

wondering what I could put in this system, i've never had a tank this large but I was thinking:

-Scribbled Rabbit fish (10")
    -Kole or bristle tooth Tang (6")
    -Sailfin Blenny (3")
    -Wrasse (dont know which yet but around 5-7")
    -Niger Trigger (12")
    -Sleeper goby (6")
    -x3 lyretail anthias (15" total)

to much? I want a small group of something if this is to much bio load i would substitute the anthias for cromis

2. Click Here!

3. Wrasse Fan

Wrasse Fan Spaghetti Worm

Bump, I kinda answered my own question by now and I know the above list is to much

revised;
    -Niger Trigger
    -Scribbled Rabbitfish
    -Yellow Tang
    -Christmas Wrasse
    -Sleeper Goby
    -Sailfin blenny
    -3x Azure damselfish

4. bluetang08

bluetang08 Purple Spiny Lobster

I think I would stay away from the Trigger IMO a 75 is just too amall for one

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I would also stay away from the rabbitfish, too. I think it's size is too much for a 75.

The rest of the list looks good.

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

i would choose something else besides the damselfish because they get aggressive.... nice choice on the sailfin blenny though ;D im thinking of getting one too