60 Gallon Stocking List

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Aaron.Herk, Jan 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

I am trying to figure out what I should put in my 60 gallon cube (24"x24"x24"). Here is a picture of it.

[​IMG]

It is well established. I had consolidated its old inhabitants into my new 75 gallon tank. So for now I just have some corals. It will be mostly soft and LPS corals.

My question is what fish should I get? My plans are below.

A pair of purple firefish.
    3 cardinals (I heard they were better in odd numbers)
    A mandarin
    A clown goby or mabye another YWG (have one in my 75)
    A pair of blood red fire shrimp.

Does anyone see any problems? Have any better suggestions.

2. Click Here!

3. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

Oh I forgot to mention it but there is a clam (crocea) in there right now as well. Had planned on him being in my 75 gallon but my stupid damsel was nipping it.

4. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

that stocking list would work. Keep in mind that the only fish that you will be able to see at all times are the cardinals. I would personally put a nice active show fish in there to draw attention to the tank. A clown or wrasse comes to mind.

5. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

I could do a wrasse. What would be a good wrasse? I don't want anything that would compete with the mandarin for food.

6. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Red Velvet Fairy. I had a trio of Cardinals. I have one remaining. The dominant one killed off the other 2. Be warned, as I was not, this seems to be common. Peaceful as can be to all other fish, but harassed the others till the end. I also have a Purple Firefish...gorgeous fish, that is seldom seen due to his (and most) personality. Very skittish. No matter what you decide, get a screen top kit from BRS. All fish are jumpers. Might I also suggest a Blue Spot Jawfish...a little bit of a bully (mine is), but my favorite and prettiest fish.

7. TruespeedEM1

TruespeedEM1 Skunk Shrimp

I have a pair of purple firefish, a YWG, and a yellow clown goby that always hang out in front of the tank, but this may be because I have some active fish that may be drawing them out of hiding!

I would go with a small fairy wrasse or flasher wrasse. With wrasse however, the color variations are so huge that it would be best to either get a WYSIWYG fish or check a LFS.