Xenia Sheddin Buds!

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Covey, Sep 27, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I guess I still have some bright spots. I have a xenia frag that grows like a weed. When I was moving LR around I knocked it off the super glue. I set it out in the sandbed with no rocks around for it to spread too. I filled in the frag as much as it could and it aparentily was not going to be stopped from spreading further. It was checking the tank one night with a flashlight and notice 2 chuncks of xenia loosily bouncing around the sandbed. :eek: Thinking something was eating my xenia I kept a eye on them. I next mourning one was gone and the other was attacted to some live rock like 8" away. I had no idea xenia could do this but good luck to anybody trying to stop xenia from spreading.;)

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

ya i have some xenia 2 inches from the top of the tank on the glass...i dont know how they do it!

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Anthellia does the same thing :(

5. GraviT

GraviT Coral Banded Shrimp

And my friends wonder why I don't keep xenia or anthellia.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

And my friends wonder why I'm tearing my tank down because mine has grown out of control :) That and the anemone majanos :(