neon green kenya tree

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by DoorBoy, Mar 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

So I bought a Neon green kenya tree from the LFS and when i purchased it, it was pretty neon green... probably around like what a green birdsnest would look like.

Well ever since i took it home it has not been green at all.. I have regular kenya trees in my tank and they are pretty much the same color as those..

I have other green things like a birds nest and neon green candy canes and they are green.. why is this kenya tree not green?

2. Click Here!

3. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Sounds like the LFS had some green light on it or something to make it look green. I've never heard of a green kenya tree. IMO you got duped...could be wrong of course.

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

you probably will have more luck searching for green nepthea coral. it is a tree coral im just not sure if its technically kenya tree.

the color will be less when the coral stretches out. also most display tanks at lfs are heavily actinic to make the corals look better.

5. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

yeah i think thats what it is actually.. a nepthea.. and my tank is under a bit of actinic as well and still not as green so it could be just the stretching out fact