Just goes to show....

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Tony H, Apr 24, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tony H

Tony H Plankton

That no matter what you do the wheels can still fall off.

I had a really nice devils hand for well over a year. I noticed the other day that it seemed to be taking longer than usual to 'shed' so I turned it around for a better look. It had an area running up the back that was rotting away :-[

Moved it to the coral QT tank and put it in hard flow after a dip. Still got worse so made the decision to frag it while I still could.
    Got 8 nice big frags from it but when the coral was cut from the rock I noticed a tiny little worm in the base, about 2, maybe 3mm long. It acted like a caterpillar out of the water.

I guess it doesn't matter what you do, sometimes things are just gonna go bad :-/

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

That sucks. This hobby will definitely throw curve balls. Maybe a fire worm?

4. QuackAddict

QuackAddict Astrea Snail

Don't get to down man, everyone here has there shares of ups and downs! Me personally I have been in the hobby not even a year and taken some bad falls. Its how we learn..sucks sometimes but gotta look for the positives! Hopefully things look up for you man!