ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Banned

Skin: Mint
Craft kid21 is infamous around these parts

gallery
Default How fast does toadstool grow

as its says in the title my 29g is now packed with corals....i just added a pretty big sized toadstoool leather....what would you guys say that the growthh is?
Craft kid21 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
3reef Affiliate

Skin: Dark
mikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond repute

contributor 

gallery

Mine took awhile to acclimate and start growing, but after that I would say at least a half inch in diameter a month. When the polyps stop extending that means it's going to shed. They will generally stay closed for about a week than it will open up bigger and better than before.
mikejrice is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-17-2010, 03:54 AM   #3
Blue Ringed Angel

Skin: Mint
Crimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond reputeCrimson Ghost has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

Toadstools are one of the larger leathers, but its eventual size and time it takes to mature depends on its sex and environment. I think a female toadstool grows 5 times as large as a male and matures in 10 years maybe? And a male matures in 5 years or so? The female can be a couple feet wide where the male the size of a softball.

These corals grow quicker in healthy tanks with strong lighting. They derive their food via photosynthetic algae. They can move slightly and leave behind a bit of their stalk in order to multiply, actually – I think I have one in the process of this in one of my tanks, if I remember this evening I will take a picture.

I couldn’t agree with the statement of inch per month, but I couldn’t disagree either. I would speculate that a smaller coral could display such growth and then slow as it matures.
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-17-2010, 04:50 AM   #4
Bubble Tip Anemone

Skin: Classic
Bunner has a reputation beyond reputeBunner has a reputation beyond reputeBunner has a reputation beyond reputeBunner has a reputation beyond reputeBunner has a reputation beyond reputeBunner has a reputation beyond reputeBunner has a reputation beyond reputeBunner has a reputation beyond reputeBunner has a reputation beyond reputeBunner has a reputation beyond reputeBunner has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

they grow well with dirty tanks as well.... and they spread. and spread some more!
Bunner is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!