WT's Nuvo 16

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by WhiskyTango, Apr 15, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Out with the new and in with newer.

I wanted something bigger than my Nuvo 8, so in comes the Nuvo 16. My fish are much happier, and I'm still waiting for BML to release those multichannel fixtures.

I have some pukani and the IM Skimmate skimmer on the way. In the next few weeks I'll add a Tunze Nano ATO.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Billme likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Really sleek looking set up man. Nice!

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

yes, looks really cool! I love the sand. It also looks a lot bigger than 16 gallons. Nice job!

5. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

didn't take long! nice upgrade!!

6. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

7. WhiskyTango

Thanks everybody.
    The door inserts for the Ikea expedit shelf will also be coming after I muster up enough patience to deal with Ikea in Sunrise Fl.

;DI called BML today, they took my order for a multichannel unit. Their website should update Monday.;D

8. Click Here!

9. WhiskyTango

Last week I received 3lbs of dry pukani from BRS. I treated it for 3 days with a HCL/water bath, a pressure wash, and then a mild alkaline soak to neutralize any remaining acid.

Added a inTank refugium media basket, Skimmate skimmer which is still breaking in, and jury rigged a filter sock by folding it over and sliding into the right overflow compartment. Water clarity is the best its been after the addition of the sock.

Lost my beloved white striped possum wrasse to ich over the weekend. It was swimming around and feeding like normal on saturday, then pop eyed, white spot covered, and dying on sunday. I really don't know what caused this, as it happened before I added the new rock.

Attached Files:

10. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Nice setup, love the tank.

11. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

I'm running one of these on my desk at work and all my clients LOVE LOVE LOVE it. IF money allows it I would upgrade the light. Those Skyye Led's don't offer much par. Nice choice on the Possum Wrasse ... cool little fish!

12. WhiskyTango

I think I'm almost happy with my stand.
    Last week, I bought two Kallax door inserts and cut out the backs to accommodate the ATO reservoir, cooling fan and wire holes. There is hidden 6 inch area behind the pine bracket where I stow as much of the wiring as possible.

You can't see any wires from the front!

Added an Tunze Nano ATO with a 5.5 gallon spiked with CaOH. Made a lid from a cutting board. Awesome ATO!!

Added a Energy Bar 8, so now every single piece of equipment can be easily switched off for maintenance or feeding.

Still waiting for BML's multichannel futures.

Attached Files: