The Wife is away, The mice can play???

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by PharmrJohn, Aug 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

OK. So I decided to take a vacation to mellow out and get away from the general public, counting trays and all things medicine. So I get off at 1PM today and my wife takes off for the cabin with her sisters leaving me with the kids until Sunday. No problem. I love hanging out with the kids and feeding them stuff they are not supposed to eat.

Now. I don't know when this happened exactly, but this is actually my perfect evening. Played with kids, put them to bed, puttered around the house, took pics of my fish tank and will attack Madden '09 here in a few minutes.

To celebrate my vacation, I will post pics of that which costs waaayyyy to much money. Hehehe. Here we go.

Forgive the dirty glass. I must clean it.

[​IMG]

They were congregating to the side where they are fed. They see me and think it's feeding time.

[​IMG]

A so-so pic of my blenny. I can never seem to focus in on him. I will come up with a good one before the weekend is done. I am on a mission.

[​IMG]

A grouping shot of the center left of my tank. Green Star Polyps, Frogspawn, Zoos and a lobo brain are the corals in view. I am going to get more tomorrow. When the wife is away, the mice can buy more fish stuff. .....and the kids will narc me off.

[​IMG]

Peace.......John. ;D

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

very nice tank, love the lobo!! but what in the world is in the last picture?????? a glare of you in a toga??????????????

4. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

That first pic is very nice!! The last pic is nice too. I do love frogspawn!

Nice tank, John!! :)

5. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

oops meant to put a ;D at the end, i was just kidding....

6. reefman1132

reefman1132 Skunk Shrimp

sounds like the perfect night. As always the tank looks great. You'll have to tell me about madden lol.

7. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

That question has been asked before. Great pics John. Have fun while the wifes away. I love when the wife bails for a bit. Except I starve;D.

8. Click Here!

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yeah....I seriously dislike that background. I don't know what I was thinking. I am just waiting for the coralline to take over and cover it up. I have a few spots, it's just a little slow in it's growth for some reason. I would think it would grow faster. I use Reef Crystals and add a little calcium-3 when I raise the ALK to balance things so I do not think it is a lack of Ca++. No I don't have a Mg++, Ca++ test kit yet. I keep my ALK at around 11.

10. JupiterSailfish

JupiterSailfish Peppermint Shrimp

Tank looks really good!

On an unrelated note, how do you like Madden? I think I've won one game, it might not be helping that I'm the Dolphins;D

11. Crabby Jim

Crabby Jim Sea Dragon

I love those vacations too. having the house to myself for a few days no wife or kids I can sit in the yard and drink beer and smoke cigars. and they play X-Box all night.. god I'm a loser.8)

12. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster