Packleader's 40 gallon thread

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by PackLeader, Sep 23, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Hey guys,
    Well, I found the stash of pics of my tank from day one. It was interesting to take the stroll down memory lane, and scary to note the mistakes I had made (didnt discover this forum till about 2 1/2 months after I started the tank).
    It gave me a little inspiration to finally start my own tank thread. This way I can just update the one thread if something changes and stop mucking up the other random threads with more random pics ;)
    My tank was born in early May. Original plans were for a FOWLR, and possibly some inverts. Original plans never ended up filling out ;D

This was my tank the very first day it was set-up:
    [​IMG]

Tank about a week after set-up. I still have the yellow tailed damsel and blue damsel to this day. The black and white had to be removed later on:
    [​IMG]

Some aiptasia. We used to feed these guys and we got really excited when they started spreading! If only we had known.... :-/
    [​IMG]

Pic of the seabae we added WAY to early. This had died and wiped out almost the entire tank.
    [​IMG]

Pic of my first tang; a blue hippo. We lost this fish in the aftermath of the anemone:
    [​IMG]

This is my tank about a week or so after joining with you guys. It was still going to be a FOWLR, but I was starting to lean from that. Tank now had the T5/MH lighting, and better flow. Shortly after I added the rock, better filters, ground probe, etc. Basically everything I needed to run a reef tank under your guy's guidance, with the exception of a skimmer which I took more time to research:
    [​IMG]

Tank where it is today. FOWLR idea had been completely tossed long ago. Tank has basically been idle for a long time, with the exception of adding my corals and a feather duster.
    [​IMG]

Thank you all for taking your time and sharing your expertise to get me to where I am today!!! :cheesy:

4 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

WOW what a change from start to finish. Looks great Pack. Once I get things strait in my tank I'll have to start a tank thread. Keep the pics coming.

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

lol my dad feeds the manjanos in his tank. i keep telling him there bad. but he says he likes the them. he went from 2 on setup to around 200. the funny thing is i thought for sure they were the slow growing ones. the zoa rock i gave him that had them on it, i had in my tank for 3 years and the never split.

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

LOL, you should have seen how low our jaws were when we found out they were bad. Heck, we didnt know, we were just so excited that we had new life forms in the tank! ;)

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

WOW :eek: What a difference and what a great job. Your tank looks awesome dude, keep doing whatever is your doing. Luna

1 person likes this.
  7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Nice dude. I know I have some pics from way back too. It is an amusing lane to stroll down. That anenome looked cool. Good pics man. John.

8. Click Here!

9. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    nice tank!

1 person likes this.
  10. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Thanks man. I had promised myself I would never own another anemone again, but I am starting to want one again. It was definately an interesting creature to observe. I have the lights and tank for one now, and it would keep the clowns from messing around in my torch. Plus the misses keeps bugging me about it. Just something I am going to have to think long and hard about again. :-/

11. JupiterSailfish

JupiterSailfish Peppermint Shrimp

Beautiful looking tank! I took me a minute to find the Naso in the last pic;D

12. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

LOL, it took me a little to find it when I took that pic ;D Blends in pretty well with that powerhead, at least in the pic ;)