Order from Doctor Foster and Smith

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by texanjordan, Jan 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. texanjordan

texanjordan Peppermint Shrimp

Almost ready to start my FOWLR eventually reef tank. Specs: 46 Gallon Bow Front, 300w heater, 2 Koreala 1 circulation pumps, Sea Clone Protein Skimmer, HOB overflow, 10 Gallon Sump with bio balls. Just bought 23 pounds of base rock from LFS, will buy another 27 pounds of base rock next pay period, and than add 20 pounds of live rock total of 70 pounds. My recent purchase from Doctor Foster and Smith: 120 pounds of Ocean Direct Carribean Live Sand which should give me a decent DSB of about 5 or 5.5 inches. Bucket of 160 gallons of Instant Ocean Salt Mix. Saltwater Test Kit. Kent Pro Scraper, Large Mag Float, Drip Acclimation kit, Mini Thermometer. Just need my transfer orders! Can wait to get out of the crappsville that I live in now! I will be ready to set up my tank at the end of June. I cant wait! On the other hand, buying my supplies slowly, has given me alot of time to learn about saltwater.

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Sounds like a good plan. One thought, if you can I would return at least one of the K1 and get a K2 or K3. K1s really don't put out much flow IMO.

4. texanjordan

texanjordan Peppermint Shrimp

with my return from my sump plus the two K1's i get about 1300GPH total of movement in my tank coming from different direct angles.