ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #441
Millepora

Skin: Mint
lmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus818 View Post
Nice photos. Everything looks pretty good. I really dig those mushroom, a bit more unique than some of the standard ones around.
hey thanks Andrew! I like the mushrooms a lot too, they got some cool colors!
lmr2o is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #442
Millepora

lmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond reputelmr2o has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

does it look to you guys like this lps is dying? I still don't have an eye for this kind of thing yet, but it looks like something is up.

here it was about two months ago
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l80/logan20seb/101_0011.jpg

and today
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l80/logan20seb/20120126_151537.jpg
Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #443
Giant Squid

exactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Hmmmm... Did it lose a head? Gotta get a decent PO4 kit asap.
exactlyobp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #444
Eyelash Blennie

Atticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

It is definetly receding. Not a good sign. I agree with the PO4 kit. Seems like that could be a huge factor for you.
Atticus818 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #445
Millepora

gallery

thanks you guys are right - I don't know why I don't have one of those yet. I'll post results when I can. I've also been guilty of not target feeding them enough
Old 01-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #446
Eyelash Blennie

Atticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond reputeAtticus818 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmr2o View Post
thanks you guys are right - I don't know why I don't have one of those yet. I'll post results when I can. I've also been guilty of not target feeding them enough
Target feeding will help but is usually not a necessity. Also what is your alk at? Sometimes high alk will attribute to tissue recession even if it is in the "Safe" range.
Atticus818 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #447
Millepora

gallery

alk is still 7 with dosing. I've been using tropic Marin pro reef and it has ridiculously low alk levels (5)
Old 01-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #448
Giant Squid

exactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond reputeexactlyobp has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

I dont know what you're doing wrong. Ive been following this build from the very beginning, you have the right equipments and patience. I have a feeling that PO4 is not that high either in spite of what I said before. Are you still dosing the Microbe-Lite bacteria on a regular basis?

The system needs to be stabilized a bit more, I guess. No big swing with temp, pH, salinity etc..
Old 01-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #449
Millepora

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactlyobp View Post
I dont know what you're doing wrong. Ive been following this build from the very beginning, you have the right equipments and patience. I have a feeling that PO4 is not that high either in spite of what I said before. Are you still dosing the Microbe-Lite bacteria on a regular basis?

The system needs to be stabilized a bit more, I guess. No big swing with temp, pH, salinity etc..
I only dosed the Microbe Lite on Dec 29th and Jan 7th. LFS was sold out when I went to buy more for the 3rd and 4th weeks, but cyano hasn't been back.

I was thinking the same thing about PO4, still need a test kit to confirm it but if it's high idk what else to do to lower it since I'm keeping fresh GFO in the reactor and not feeding a lot.

Salinity is steady at 1.025 I top off 1/4 to 1/2 a gallon twice a day.

I'm going to start writing down temps at 7AM, noon, 4PM, 10PM, and before I go to bed around 1AM for a week and see what that tells us.

I'll also take pH readings twice a day during this week, during the day and at night. I think it does swing a little, but I need a better test for that than the API I have.

Nitrates are always closer to the 0ppm color than the 5ppm. Either way not higher than 5.

I appreciate everyone's help in trying to troubleshoot this. We'll figure it out! Exactly, I feel like you know my tank as well as I do, lol!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #450
Giant Squid

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmr2o View Post
I only dosed the Microbe Lite on Dec 29th and Jan 7th. LFS was sold out when I went to buy more for the 3rd and 4th weeks, but cyano hasn't been back.

I was thinking the same thing about PO4, still need a test kit to confirm it but if it's high idk what else to do to lower it since I'm keeping fresh GFO in the reactor and not feeding a lot.

Salinity is steady at 1.025 I top off 1/4 to 1/2 a gallon twice a day.

I'm going to start writing down temps at 7AM, noon, 4PM, 10PM, and before I go to bed around 1AM for a week and see what that tells us.

I'll also take pH readings twice a day during this week, during the day and at night. I think it does swing a little, but I need a better test for that than the API I have.

Nitrates are always closer to the 0ppm color than the 5ppm. Either way not higher than 5.

I appreciate everyone's help in trying to troubleshoot this. We'll figure it out! Exactly, I feel like you know my tank as well as I do, lol!
I see.. I thought it might have had something to do with the Microbe-Lite bacteria.. To be honest, I dont think you are doing much different from what I do/did right now/before. Its frustrating as if its my own..

Click Here!

Tags
canopy, metal halide, protein skimmer, t12, tank build