FoD's SPS/NPS Wonderland - R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by FaceOfDeceit, Oct 3, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I have decided to do a full SPS tank, with some NPS species to top it off. Specs are below, followed by some pics.

95 Gallons TWV:

75 Gallon DT
    40 Gallon Breeder Sump
    10 Gallon Remote Fuge
    (2) 250W Radium 20K MH's
    LED Accent DIY Strip (RB/Blue/UV)
    Gla$$-Holes OF Box
    Mag 18 Closed Loop on 3/4" Sea Swirls
    (2) MP10W ES (soon to be 4)
    Mag 7 Return Pump
    Reef Octo NWB200
    (2) TLF Phosban Reactor - GFO and Carbon
    NextReef/DIY Kalk Stirrer (not done presently)
    (2) BRS 1.1mL Dosers - Calcium and Alk
    JBJ ATO

Okay, now for the fun part...pics! Let me preface this with the following statement; I am not a carpenter. The stand is done enough that I feel like I can have company over. I will be adding more decorative mouldings, and painting more. All finishing has yet to be done.

Full Shot:
    [​IMG]

I always feel with pre-manufactured stands that you are limited with space. So I built this setup to house everything I have...not so limited now are ya! The entire front, center panel, is removable, so I can fully access the sump and fuge. The two side "doors" are removable panels as well. On the left, 18 gallon ATO container. On the right, everything else.

Doors Off:
    [​IMG]

The canopy was designed similarly to the front center panel. It too is completely removable from the front, and the entire canopy will come off with some persuasion. Please ignore the horrible looking plumbing, as no supplier of Charlotte, NC sells, or distributes Flexible PVC...so it is all hard plumbed.

Canopy Off:
    [​IMG]

The sump was setup for easy access as mentioned before. I have had too many builds previously that focused just on the DT aesthetics, and I wanted to do this one differently. I have TONS of space left to add whatever I choose. Also, in the picture below, you'll notice a PVC union toward the top left. That is valved 3 places in the line from the tank, and will serve as my "Easy As 1-2-3 Water Change." Simply undo the union, twist on another union end I have pre-assembled with a hose end attached, and then undo each valve. The final flooding precaution is the PVC cap you see in the picture.

Sexy Filtration Shot:
    [​IMG]

As the title states, I will be doing a full SPS/NPS tank. I will most likely be upgrading my skimmer to meet the demand sooner rather than later, but for now, it'll suffice. After my doser debacle a few months back, causing many SPS colonies to be wiped out, I will be starting again.

Right now I am looking for a few "harder-to-get" species of fish to fill in the empty space, and once I find a supplier, I will unveil them to all of you.

Thanks for viewing!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Candy basslet. Do it. Also, I have to admit, I like looking at sumps more than DT's these days. Gorgeous.

4. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Looks very nice Andy. And I really like the water change idea; making me think right now.

I'm also amazed no one sells any sort of spa flex there. I believe you, but it's still amazing!

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

nice sump ;)

Im liking the setup Andy!

6. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

The tank looks great! You should get a Redstripe Hogfish ;)

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Looks awesome so far!! We'll have to compare NPS notes as we progress.

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Fantastic looking system.

10. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

Very nice system. If you do upgrade skimmers, what are you thinking of getting?

11. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Nice spread......very clean.

12. dellyjoe

dellyjoe Teardrop Maxima Clam

my jaw dropped when i saw this tank, love it, clean clean clean, love the look of a clean tank.

and at 95g that is a great size for that tank, good luck mate.

keep the pics comming, and if you can make a video :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.