DeLucs' 25 Gallon Bowfront Journey

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by DeLuca414, Mar 2, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DeLuca414

DeLuca414 Plankton

So I guess I'll officially start a build thread for my tank.

Well it has been setup as a freshwater tank (it was given to me, so its only temporary lol) as of February 20th 2014.

Its a 25 gallon bowfront that my was left in an apartment in my building and my property manager gave it to me lol. Heres a couple pics of how it sits right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tank itself is in pretty good condition, couple scratches here and there. Meh I can't complain it was free lol. The stand is dinged up and scratched bad lol, little bit of an eye sore. So I might build a stand, maybe lol

Well to get on with it, I have ordered a few things to get my saltwater gears in motion, so in the next upcoming weeks I will be getting my equipment and hopefully, HOPEFULLY start my reef by the end of the month. So stay tuned!

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

What are you going to do with the fish you currently have? Here in Az there are actually people you can contact off craigslist that take unwanted fresh water fish.

4. DeLuca414

DeLuca414 Plankton

I live in Canada and we have Kijiji, which is the equivalent to craigslist. I'll post them up there for free to go to a good home

5. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

Go canada !

Where about's in canada ?

6. DeLuca414

DeLuca414 Plankton

lol yea Canada!

im from Thunder Bay, Ontario but i recently just moved to Windsor, Ontario to go back to school

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

looking forward to your progress!

8. Click Here!

9. DeLuca414

DeLuca414 Plankton

so I picked up some live sand for the tank last night. I got two 1 gallon containers full still in saltwater, not sure if it'll still be alive when i actually setup the tank but it was cheap and should be more than enough for my tank.

[​IMG]

and this morning my pleco was just chilling there with one of the plant just sitting on his head, didnt have a care in the world lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stay tuned, some more stuff will be arriving shortly

10. DeLuca414

DeLuca414 Plankton

well I got something in the mail today for my tank.....can anyone guess what it is?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yup thats right, a new mp10es .....well not new, bought it used but it works awesome. I've never had an mp10 before, nor have i ever seen one. When I opened up the box I was like this thing is $235 brand new...its tiny.

Once I tried it on the tank, I fell in love hahaha its a beast.

[​IMG]

some wave action there lol.

I dont think the freshwater fish liked it to much, and the fake plants flew everywhere lol.

Question about the mp10 tho, does the cord have to go upwards? can I let it hang down?

so stay tuned, should be getting a couple more packages shortly.

11. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Nice! I don't think the cord has to be straight up.

12. DeLuca414

DeLuca414 Plankton

awesome thank you!

got a couple other things for my tank yesterday. Took a couple quick shots with my camera phone, sorry for the quality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i got a reefkeeper elite with 2 pc4s, sl1, temp probe, ph probe, the hub and i also got a refractometer.

its a little bit disorganized right now but i will organize it soon