DeBo's 75 Gallon Build

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by cdeboard, Jun 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

Some of you may have saw my post asking for 75 gallon pics. My LFS just purchased another store and combined everything together. Therefore he is getting rid of numerous display tanks. He still has a BUNCH of 75's left if anyone is local and interested in a ridiculous deal. I got a 75 gallon with corner overflow. It was drilled, came with all the plumbing from the tank up (bulkheads, piping, the flexible y connector for the return (not sure what its called), it has a pipe for the overflow that is drilled and has a hose out the top) all for 75 bucks including tax!!! He also threw in a blue tuxedo urchin that I just had to have. So, here starts my 75 gallon build. This will technically be my first build, my last tank was put together already and does not have a sump. I will be calling on you guys for some help of course. I will post some pics of the tank up tommorow when I get back to work. Like i said, he has quite a few left. He has 4 left like mine (already drilled, bulkheads, etc). The others were displays and have the divider siliconed in the middle, he probably has 8 or more of those.

I am ridiculously excited.. and wouldnt want to share it with any other people! Go 3reef!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

nice score cdeboard, looking forward to seeing the images of this build

Steve

4. cdeboard

Here are some pics of the new setup. She was full of some FW gravel and stuff you can see in the first couple pics. Had a few price tags for fish etc on it. Did a good couple hour cleaning on her.

Coming home:
    [​IMG]

The overflow and return plumbing:
    [​IMG]

Pardon the girlfriend on the phone. You can see my current tank in the background.
    New tank is all clean. I stuck my little monster in for the infamous "kid in tank" shot.
    He loved it.

[​IMG]

5. cdeboard

Forgot to post a picture of "Tux" the blue tuxedo urchin. I HAD to have him.. i had been looking at them online for a few days.Was waiting on Jared to help load the new 75. There he was just sitting in the live rock tank. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics above and below. I have a decent camera, just dont have the internet currently at home and cant load pics at work.
    I put him in the tank.. he moved a few inches and brought out his feelers looking for food and went to town.

[​IMG]

6. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Thats a ridiculously cool find, tagging along.

7. cdeboard

Yes definately. Trying to let some people know so they can grab them up as well if they are close enough. Thanks for watching. Will be a slow build unless I can fall in to some cash.

8. Click Here!

9. cdeboard

Forgot to add.. there was a 300w heater in the tank as well. He said "you get a free heater!" LOL.. Is that sufficient for this size of tank?

10. cdeboard

11. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Awesome find. Cant wait to see water in it. That heater should be enough.

12. cdeboard

I can't wait to see water either.. trying to find a good deal on a sump/stand/skimmer/pumps lol right now. The LFS has a stand for cheap but not sure if it looks sturdy enough.