bluephish august update pics!!!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by BluePhish, Aug 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

so last tank pics i posted was( a thread called tank pics befor it all goes to hell) that was when i discovered bryopsis and all types of algae taking hold of my tank. i began to take action as soon as i noticed it, orederd a po4 reactor from tangster, and rowaphos, changed basically everything about my husbandry, down to the fish diet. i can say 2 weeks ago it was at its worst ive seen, and in the last week it began to turn yellowish rusty color from its usual green,and began to brake up off the rocks. along with my snails eat it now. when the GHa was at its worst all my corals began to look like crap.
    i really think it could have been from the toxins bryopsis can contain. last week i removed allot of the algae that looked to be dying,

so now for the first time in a while my tank looks halfway descent, and all my corals seem to be thriving again. so thought id post some pics.

im sure i still got a while befor i rid all the algae and get rid of all that locked up phosphate and nitrates.

but i think im winning the war.;D glad i did not start over.!

oh yeah while your looking at the pics , think of a new coral i can put in place of that yellow scroll coral, as a victory coral but obviously it wont be bought till all my algae is gone. something i dont have?

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

wow, absolutely amazing tank!! does that little clown goby host those frogspawns?

BTW nice photography, great pics :)

4. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

5. BluePhish

lol he is a funny lil fish, the clownfish wanted nothing to do with any of the corals, so the clown goby one by one claimed every large coral, i would say yes he hosts the forgspawn, is a truley symbiotic relationship no. the clown goby uses the frogspawn along with many other corals in my tank threw out the day for protection and to catch him food. i rarely to never see this guy eat food that is fed by me. that is supposed to be one of the problems with these lil fish. i have alot of natural food so i dont need to worry.

1 person likes this.
  6. JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Purple Spiny Lobster

Great looking tank!

7. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Great looking pics.......

8. Click Here!

9. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

The tank looks great! Maybe you need a pagoda or a plate coral...

10. BluePhish

thanks for your comments, feed back is much appreciated.

11. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Tank looks great. Glad to see someone won the battle against algae. I took the easy route and just tore everything down and got out the bleach. :skull:

12. BluePhish

i wouldnt say i won yet , but i think i took action early enough that i stopped it in its tracks now im seeing it slowly disappearing,

and i yes i considered the bleach method of removal, actully i set a time frame that i would give up and tare down the tank. but if all goes the way it has been it should be gone way befor my deadline.

if itall goes away ill post a thread on everything i changed that i thought helped to rid the algae.