36G bowfront, first saltwater

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by sakkayukon, Aug 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sakkayukon

sakkayukon Plankton

Hello,

This is my first saltwater aquarium, always been a freshwater tank keeper. but i decided to build my first saltwater after doing tons of research and having a friend of mine help me through the process with any questions i had.

This is an Aqueon 36g Bow Front Aquarium..

Setup:

40 lbs of live sand.
    43 lbs of live rock (mixed caribbean and fiji)
    ------------
    AGA Hood
    Hydor Koralia nano 240gph PH
    Hydor Koralia 1050 gph PH
    Quiet Flow 30 Power Filter
    Eheim Ecco 2234 Canister Filter.
    200WATTs submersible heater.
    -----------
    Pair of Clown Fish.
    Two Turbo Snails.
    Two hermit Crabs.
    ------------

The lighting fixture on the tank now is kind of trash, it came with the aquarium as a kit, I have ordered a 30" AquaticLife 4x25 watt lighting fixture w/2 Lunar LEDs, can't wait for those to arrive. and i'm also thinking about purchasing CPR AeroForce HOB Skimmer very soon.

Tank have been running now on this setup for 4 weeks, the fish have been added after the tank has finished cycling, which took about 2 weeks and i waited few more days to make sure it did finish cycling.

Coralline is starting to spread around some rocks, but still not that much, patience is always good. Water parameters are been checked every day with positive results. The water is kind of cloudy at the moment those shots were taken, this is due to a "storm" i created to clean up the rocks and then i dosed a little bit of calcium, sorry for the low quality pictures.

Any comments/ideas are very welcomed. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

• pic1.jpg
      pic1.jpg
      File size:
      252.7 KB
      Views:
    • pic2.jpg
      pic2.jpg
      File size:
      255.5 KB
      Views:
    • pic3.jpg