144 Oceanic Half Circle

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by trizzot, Feb 8, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. trizzot

trizzot Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Just thought Id post a few pics of my 144 Half Circle Reef . The 400 watt 14k halides aren't past the burn in yet. In the pics the VHO actinics are off, just running 2-400 watt 14 k Megachrome halids. Many corals and fish. Most of the fish are hiding as the lights just came on. Im open to any input or ideas. The rock was just kinda thrown in to look more natural then a big stack or mound look. the reef is about 5 years old. It was just upgraded to the Oceanic 144 half circle. Ill add more pics in the future when the fish are out and the actinics are on.

Attached Files:

• 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      72.4 KB
      Views:
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      74.2 KB
      Views:
    • 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      78.9 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      84.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

That is awesome man! puts my meagre 55 gallon to shame!

4. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

i would keep the rock away from the outer edge of the tank about 8-10". also lower the rock so its not so high. if you have left over rock it can be put into a refugium or sump. this allows more flow, easier cleaning, room for corals to grow, and to much to mention.

5. trizzot

The rock is away from the glass about 5" at the closest point. As for flow, I almost have to much. My return pump is a Mag2400, on four 1" returns along with 3 Maxi-jet 1200's all with the sure flow kits using the big white propeller in them. There hard to see but one is in the center between the overflows and one in each corner. I purposely stacked the rock high and flat. I plan on adding some acros on the big flat piece in the top center.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice. Is the a Mega-Flow tank?
    How do the overflows work for you?

7. Crabby Jim

Crabby Jim Sea Dragon

Beautiful tank I wouldn't touch a thing except to keep the rock a little back futher from the front to give the feel of depth .I did the same thing with my rock it is kinda natural looking also. What size tank did you previously have set up before you made the jump into that one?

8. Click Here!

9. trizzot

Thanks for the input. It is the Mega-flow. Great system, My first megaflow aquarium. The built in overflows work great. On the power off test they only drain about 2" into the sump before stopping. No worries of my sump overflowing in a power outtage. My reef started about 6 years ago in a 25 gall acrylic, then as it grew it was split into a 300 gal and a 72 bowfront. It outgrew my 72 so upgraded into the 144 Half circle. My 300 went back to freshwater, Arowanas, Oscars, Arapima gigas, electric catfish, and other oddballs. The 72 bow that used to be reef is with Sean P F. hes posted on here and has pics of his new setup. He will growto enjoy the underwater wolrd we all love so much. Im now going to start my journey into the Acros , montoporas, things like that. Time to learn again.

10. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Cool looking tank!!! I also agree with the statements made about the LR too close to the glass. Keep up the great work! Thanks for the pics.

11. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

having seen this tank up close and personal (and yes i had to wipe away my drool) i can tell ya the pics are a little deceptive. the rock is actually futher back from the glass than it appears. however the camera does not seem to do justice to the curve in the glass.

and if you think those pics look good you should see it in person....... i like when he upgrades because it means it is time for me to upgrade.....