Old 07-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Plankton

Skin: Mint
kermitphotog is on a distinguished road

gallery
Question First time mixing salt

Quick question.
first time mixing salt.
Am mixing it directly in an empty 90 gallon tank.

I have a CA 3000 powerhead in it mixing it. I left it over night, and there are a FEW stray particles sliding around the bottom of the tank.

Will all of it dissolve ? or will there always be a few stray particles? Do I just need to wait longer?
kermitphotog is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
Bristle Worm

jackerma will become famous soon enoughjackerma will become famous soon enoughjackerma will become famous soon enough

gallery

Just keep the water moving and put a heater in to get the desired temp... It should all dissolve
jackerma is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
3reef Affiliate

Skin: Dark
mikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond reputemikejrice has a reputation beyond repute

contributor 

gallery

It will all desolve just takes time. Thats why it is always suggested to wait 24 hours after mixing water to add it to your tank. Just take your time adding more salt and you will be ready to start your cycle soon.
mikejrice is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Plankton

gallery

Thanks! will do.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
Vlamingii Tang

the fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

bring it up to temp first then add salt and wait 24 hours befour adding to DT
the fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
Plankton

gallery

what temp would you suggest? I have it at 78 degrees.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Vlamingii Tang

the fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond reputethe fisherman has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

75 would be great but 78 is ok. I myself add my salt when the water is 75degrees
the fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
Fire Shrimp

Skin: Dark
LVsuckerfish is a splendid one to beholdLVsuckerfish is a splendid one to beholdLVsuckerfish is a splendid one to beholdLVsuckerfish is a splendid one to beholdLVsuckerfish is a splendid one to beholdLVsuckerfish is a splendid one to beholdLVsuckerfish is a splendid one to beholdLVsuckerfish is a splendid one to behold

gallery

water movement and aeration are the keys along with patiences. i like mine to mix for atleast 48 hours depends on the salt you use too as to how long it will take to disolve and also the salinity of the new water. and temp as stated above I only have a heater in in the winter time as it is hotter then satans toe nails in vegas!
LVsuckerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #9
Plankton

gallery

Thanks!

Click Here!