Some fuge ???'s

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by starfish2217, Feb 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

I think I need a new bulb for fuge what kind would be best?? Also I have cyano in my sump but not in my DT.. should I increase the flow in my sump? its pretty low flow...

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

A 6500 Kelvin compact fluorescent is all you will need for your refugium light.

You could try increasing the flow in the sump a bit, yes. It's not too big of a deal though.

1 person likes this.
  4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

+1 to seano! i have cyano in my hob fuge! I figure its better there than my tank! Its eating whatever crap i have in my water and staying outta my DT so i'm happy!

1 person likes this.
  5. starfish2217

Thanks what I figured! if its not in the DT why bother with it lol. awesome I think the reason I have it in the fuge is because I need a new bulb. anyways. well thats pretty awesome, I just added more LR to mu sump as well, I need to make some rock rubble out of it to put near my return pump, I need more pods in my DT!

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I'm not a sump guy, but i think your return pump may maked chopped liver of your pods your trying to get into your DT! I'd wait on that theory though! Mine gravity feed and then i suck some up here and there and feed them!

7. starfish2217

I thought so too but I thought I read on the threads that they make their way up someone haha.

8. Click Here!

9. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

i dont think so, i have a hob aqueon 55 on my 10g fuge, and a hydror 320 return pump with no dividers and the pod population in my fuge and in my dt are both just out of control. it's very cool seeing all the small life on my glass, sand, and LR

Here it is:)
    [​IMG]

10. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

I was having some cyano issues in my mantis tank until I changed my bulbs. Changing the bulbs was the only big change or move I made and tis gone. So I wouldnt sweat the it too much until you change the bulb.

11. starfish2217

Thanks khowst sounds like a good plan I will get on that today :)

12. starfish2217

This is also good news! nice sump! I want a big pod population! I want an mandarine, probably ORA but I still want lots of pods so it can be well fed