blacking out a fuge

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by zzzzzzzzpr, Oct 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zzzzzzzzpr

zzzzzzzzpr Purple Spiny Lobster

the other nite the power went out and i grabed my redflashlight and was looking in my fuge. i saw small brissleworms, amnipods, and other pods as well. i built my own stand and dont have doors on it at the moment so so light is getting to my fuge. when i turn off the light to my fuge should i some how cover it to make it black so they creatures come out. ive never seen them in the fuge before the power outage. the back of the stand is open as well so id have to figure something out. another problem i have is that my fuge empties into my return so that would be hard to block light out as well. i just thought it was the kollest thing ever to see these things. i thought my fuge was going nowhere. im planning here in a few to buy some chaeto, red mangroves, and my something else to put in my fuge. id like some feed back before i start buying plants for it. im trying to get a dragonet so i need the pods. have a od farm for that and dosing the fuge and some times the DT.

2. Click Here!

3. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

You could always paint the sides receiving the most light. Never seen it done though.