Pacific Sun Modular LED Lamp

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The new Pacific Sun Modular LED aquarium lamps have our friends across the pond really talking it up. And looking at the specs, we can see why. The 120 watt version is reported to kick out 551 PAR at 12" depth! And the new BT-EX series has a special built-in dedicated computer that can support advanced light options and can be programmed via BlueTooth! Pacific Sun's new LED lamp has improved color stability and a temperature of 14k or 16k. Specs, price and video inside.

[​IMG]
    Pacific Sun Modular LED Lamp

Pacific Sun Modular Lamp 120W

$748.87

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pacific Sun Aquarium Modular Lamp
    The PS Modular LED lamp has a color temperature about 14.000 or 16.000 Kelvin and a high percentage of the light output is at the blue end of the spectrum. Our lamp was the first LED Lamp to simulate the light conditions of a coral reef and the new lamp with an improved technology gives long-term color stability and results in an ever more realistic looking aquarium.
    The corals show their natural colors, and the lighting encourages excellent growth. Our Modular LED lamps helps to transform your aquarium into a perfect reef tank.
    Lamp dont need outside power supply, its have built switching mode power supply with above 97% efficiency. Lamp can be placed directly above the tank , its not need heat removal-equipment. Every lamp have built on three extra quit fans with double bearings.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Below are our 120w 16.000K Modular Lamp light test data :
    2" depth - 1581 Par
    12" depth - 551 Par
    24" depth - 249 Par
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Parameter: PS Modular
    Input voltage 120/230VAC
    Power: 120W
    LED Qty 119pcs
    Color White Cree Led 16.000K or 14.000K
    Per watt Lumens 90-100lm (average)
    Wavelength: Blue 420nm, Blue 455nm
    Power Factor: 0.97
    IP: IP50
    Working environmental temperature -20 ~ +50degress
    Covering area (1M height) 13 Square meter
    Equal to MH/HPS light 300-400W
    Packing size 45x26x12.3cm
    Weight N.W 4.5kg /G.W 5kg
    Indoor used only – dont use dripping water or dripping irrigation place to avoid light damage.
    [/FONT]

Pacific Sun Modular Lamp BT EX 120W
    $978.58

Pacific Sun Aquarium Modular Lamp BT EX series

New series features:

Each lamp series BT-EX has a special built-in dedicated computer(Ligth Area Computer) can support advanced light.Lamp is programmed wirelessly using a special application(via BlueTooth interface).
    On easy mode:
    - setting date/time
    - setting turn on/off time, dimming time predefined for 20 minutes
    - total brightness setting - for ex. for coral acclimation
    - setting brightness for moonlight
    Easy mode screenshot:
    [​IMG]

On advanced mode:
    [​IMG]

- Set the time sunrise and sunset times from 1s up to...
    - simulating the lunar illumination (28 days full period), Natural Sunlight Simulation, Cloud Simulation
    - changing brightness during the ligth period - like on nature, where insolation depend of hour. For the whole cycle of lighting, you can define up to 40 individual points of which is set by the brightness of the lamp, This gives the opportunity to simulate the lighting just like in nature:
    [​IMG]

- Natural Sunlight Simulation - lamp is able to simulate cloudy and sunny days - when using this option, the lamp simulates the effect of temporary cloudiness - as is the nature. For the summer season the days are longer and brighter, for the winter season - shorter and somewhat darker light(in the future the computer will be able to wirelessly control the heating in the tank, so that in summer the temperature in the tank will be higher in the winter - lower)

Pacific Sun Modular LED Lamp Videos:

Main Web site:
    Pacific Sun Modular Lamp 120W - $748.87 : AquariumLed.eu!, Powerfull light for you reef aquarium!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Wow...that sure sounds promising. I wish enough people would try these out and give a positive report.;D:biggrinbo:biggrinbo

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Aye indeed!
    NOTE - I know I got an email about a USA distributor for Pacific Sun today but I am having trouble finding it. :p I will keep looking.

5. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

So are these getting better then? Seems like the Earlier LED systems were not getting the color and growth.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Oh yeah. Like most things, the technology is evolving. I feel pretty confident saying that just from the ones I've seen in the last year up close. This one sure looks like a knock out. I love the Bluetooth feature a lot.

7. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

This looks real promising. When I upgrade in a year or two, I may have to look into this technology. The features are well beyond T5 or MH.

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

So sexy. Maybe I will buy one in a few months to upgrade my lighting. However, I can't seem to find the sizes of the fixtures...

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hmmm.. this should get you in the ballpark:
    Packing size 45x26x12.3cm

11. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

That is a very small light. Only about 18 inches long tops.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Aye. That is why they are calling them 'modular' so you can add more. The 2nd video gives a better sense of size.