Macro Algae Pack Sale!, Tons of really nice stuff.

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Jan 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

For $50 we are offering a large sampler of our macro algae for those of you who want to try your hand at a macro tank, or are already in the process. The pack will have a random selection of the following:

5 random red algae, full and of the highest quality. (Sorry no pink galaxy or Halymenia right now though).

5 Green algae, let us know if you don't want caulerpa.

5 Brown Algae, including some really bright yellow pieces.

All are full size, although we reserve the right to throw in extra frags with it. No one usually argues with that.

All will be random. Can't make any requests unfortunately, you are just going to have to trust us on this one. You may tell us no caulerpa though, we won't put anything like chaeto in this one, just the nice decorative algae. Tank sizes 30 gallons and up are best on this one, unless it is pretty bare.

Some of the algae in this pack will be species we don't normally sell, but nothing we don't keep in our tank. Everything sold will have a low risk of going sexual as long as you tell us not to send caulerpa, (otherwise you will get some of our nice aquacultured specimens).

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

how long are you running this promo for John, I'm going to be converting my 24g to a SW Planted tank in the near future but still a month or so out

4. Phayes

Phayes Aiptasia Anemone

With my current GHA problem- i'll be ripping down my tank in 2 days and am looking at restarting it with a more natural method of filtration.. How is macroalgae for absorbing nitrates/phosphates before GHA and other nuissance algaes do?

5. johnmaloney

Iraf -

As long as supplies last I guess. This is a first of the winter season crop, (Fall is finally over), while species diversity improves in spring/summer (we will run one then too), this promotion is more of guaranteed highest quality of winter pack, rather than a sale. Can't tell what the sea will bring a month from now. I guess the answer is as long as we have calm winds, and mild coolness. 65 degrees at night - 75 in the day. At some point though if it doesn't sell well, we will just itemize it and sell everything as individual items. We just have too many species of gracilaria to really do that, with over 38 species of gracilaria in Florida, I think we have all but 3 of the nicest 15 or so species.

Phayes -

It is not a speed thing. If your tank has "0" nutrients but you have half hair algae, and half macro, then they are both at 50% - or even in dominance in your system. You want to remove the hair algae as the macro grows so it becomes more dominant. Not sure if I explained that well, but hopefully you will be able to decipher it. :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  6. nanoreefwannabe

nanoreefwannabe Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

John where are you located? i will be interested in your algae pack but i worry about shipping in this crappy weather...a local pick up would be sweet although my tank isnt running yet i would like to know it is an option..

thanks Mike

7. johnmaloney

we are in stuart florida, but our warehouse is in industrial zoning and we are not allowed to have walk in retail customers. we had opted for the industrial designation even though it is flex space, at the request of our lando\lord who would prefer we don't have walk ins, b/c there isnt enough parking for all the businesses. I only have 3 spots for example, 1 boat, 1 employee, 1 me

8. Click Here!

9. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

I think this sounds like a great deal. I was thinking about getting some macro's and a CUC. I could combine them together in one order correct?

10. johnmaloney

you could, but this post is from Jan 2009. We may be able to do the same thing again, it depends on conditions out there this week.

11. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

Wow must not be paying much attention today.

12. johnmaloney