ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #151
Feather Duster

Skin: Mint
Jay Reef has a reputation beyond reputeJay Reef has a reputation beyond reputeJay Reef has a reputation beyond reputeJay Reef has a reputation beyond reputeJay Reef has a reputation beyond reputeJay Reef has a reputation beyond reputeJay Reef has a reputation beyond reputeJay Reef has a reputation beyond reputeJay Reef has a reputation beyond reputeJay Reef has a reputation beyond reputeJay Reef has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezz1r View Post
Dasco:

I am currently looking to buy my PS for a new build and after reading through your review it looks like a winner for my wallet and my 90g build. Are you still using the vertec in100 and would you still recommend?

TY brother

E
I have a vertex in-100 as well. Out of the box, great skimmer. A tad bit more pricey compared to other skimmer rated at 100g but a good quality product and quiet pump. Pulls great skimmate and is very easy to adjust. If you ever plan on upgrading though get the 180 or another skimmer rated higher.
Jay Reef is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #152
Bubble Tip Anemone

ezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Thanks Jay Reef will defiantly upgrade to 180 in the future. This thing has a solid build and was simple to put together.

I think this was a great buy cant wait to get the sump/refuigium next week and get her running.

TY to all for the feedback and helping me in the decision making.

E
ezz1r is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #153
Bubble Tip Anemone

ezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond reputeezz1r has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Forum:

What would be a good pump return for this setup?

TY

E
Old 02-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #154
Bubble Tip Anemone

gallery
Cool

Forum:

I was at my local LFS today and he mentioned the Vertex 100 PS was over kill for my 90g Oceanic and would over skim my nutrients... I totally trust the advise and reads i have found here. Man i was pissed!... He actually wanted me to return the purchase and of course buy from him.... What a Dump A**.

I was going to purchase from him a refuigium / Sump and he wanted to sell me on a system with bioballs that was custume made no guarantee whatsoever and for the same price 330.00 for the unit i have on hold with him now......the old bait and switch routine.

My question we are going to cancel our order tomorrow and we are wandering how do you all feel about the ProFlex Model 4 Sump - 2200 gph setup with my new VertexIn 100 series II PS.

Is this a good match?

ProFlex Model 4 Sump - 2200 gph

TY

E

Last edited by ezz1r; 02-02-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added link
Old 03-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #155
Feather Duster

VitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

I love my IN-100

It was the first skimmer I had ever bought but Im glad I took the time to save the $$ and get the best for the buck. Running on 18 months now trouble free.
VitalApparatuz is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #156
Plankton

tavo is on a distinguished road

gallery

my IN 100, yesterday went crazy... it's a year and a half old.. it's throwing microbubbles in an exaggerated way, and filling the cup super fast..

any ideas???
tavo is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #157
Feather Duster

VitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond reputeVitalApparatuz has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavo View Post
my IN 100, yesterday went crazy... it's a year and a half old.. it's throwing microbubbles in an exaggerated way, and filling the cup super fast..

any ideas???
you add any additives? or even frag epoxy can do it
Old 03-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #158
Plankton

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalApparatuz View Post
you add any additives? or even frag epoxy can do it
I added some Redslime control..... I thought the same thing but that never happened in the past.. and today it still crazy, it's not running right now because this reason

thanks for the fastes reply ever..
Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #159
Feather Duster

3reefer 

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavo View Post
I added some Redslime control..... I thought the same thing but that never happened in the past.. and today it still crazy, it's not running right now because this reason

thanks for the fastes reply ever..
redslime remover will do it for sure. It could take a day or so to get back to normal.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #160
Plankton

gallery

ok, thanks... I was worried because it has never given me any trouble...

Click Here!

Tags
skimmer, vertex