ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Banned

Skin: Mint
Craft kid21 is infamous around these parts

gallery
Default Skimmer producing alota micro bubbles in the tank

i have thsi coralife super skimmer and i dont no how to work it i have it running and its skimming and stuff but like there are aton my bubbles everywhere is this bad for my tank....my friend is comeing over to work on it for me and help me out with it
Craft kid21 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Giant Squid

Skin: Classic
GuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarMan89 has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

How long has it been up and running?
GuitarMan89 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
Banned

Craft kid21 is infamous around these parts

gallery

about a day....but its used
Craft kid21 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Astrea Snail

DXJoe is doing something  right

gallery

I've got one that's driving me crazy... I built a sump and didn't make a seperate chamber for the skimmer... Microbubbles are ALL over my tank and driving me insane.... I stopped at lunch and picked up 2 of the white micron filter socks and slipped them over each of the outputs which has cut down a bit, but not much... The skimmer is new, but how much can it really "break in".

Any other ideas...? I'm about to throw it out of the effing window... Seriously, I have 2 clowfish slimming through a blizzard right now. Poor guys...
DXJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
Dirty Filter Sock

fischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

it can take up to a week to break in skimmers that have been cleaned or dried. have you added anything to your water of late? water conditioner, epoxy (glue or clay), stirring the sand, ect.. these can cause the skimmer to go nuts until whatever is causing the issue has been skimmed out.
fischkid2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
Astrea Snail

DXJoe is doing something  right

gallery

I did reorganize my rock and stirred up some sand... It's new and has only been running a day or two... I guess I should just sit back a couple of days and tell my clowns to just wait it out? How long should I wait before I take further action?

Will the bubbles mess anything up or is it just ugly?
DXJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
Dirty Filter Sock

fischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond reputefischkid2 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

for the most part they are just annoying for the fish but can irritate some coral. bubble trap is really the only way to minimize bubbles when the skimmer is in overdrive. mesh filters and such dont seem to do much IME.
Just give it some time.
fischkid2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!