SeaClone Skimmer

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by dano, Apr 29, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dano

dano Spaghetti Worm

8) im just starting out and wanting to take it small and slow.  I just got a 40 gallon tank. the Drs. sell a SeaClone for $67 for the up to 100 gl and $84 for up to 150gl. are these skimmers any good for the begginer?

2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

4. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

Good reviews i have read are AquaC Remora. I use a Bak Pak 2with a Maxi-Jet 1200, was a nightmare w/ supplied Rio pump. Pay a little more for a better one, it is cheaper in the long run.

5. dano

dano Spaghetti Worm

what do yous recomend within a $100-150 budget

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I second the Remora, our Sponsor Premium Aquatics has it with MaxiJet pump for $163. Cheap as you will find on the Net.

That said, Craig and others here like their Seaclones, although I doubt they are as idiot proof as the Remora.

Thanks for joining! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

7. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

dano,

just a "squiggen" more then your "budget"...

this is the guy you want... (if you "have to go "on the cheap" for a while...check out "Skilter's" - a great little "starter skimmer" for smaller tanks...)

From MarineDepot

[​IMG]

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idProduct=ACRM

AQUAC REMORA WITH MJ1200

Price: $163.95

AquaC Remora w/ MaxiJet 1200 Kit
    Kit Features:
    Model # : Remora Hang-On
    Tank Size (Gallons): up to 75
    Included Pump: MaxiJet 1200
    Skimmer Height: 17.5"
    Minimum Tank Height: 12.75"
    Minimum Overhead Clearance for Proper Function: 5.5"
    Depth: 2.75"
    Width: 6"

The revolutionary AquaC protein skimmers do not use venturis, downdraft tubes, or air pumps; they employ the patented "Spray Injection System." This innovation allows the protein skimmer to efficiently draw in much more air than any other of the top protein skimmers. This coupled with the superiorly designed compact reaction chamber yields results that will literally blow the waste out of your water.

"For its compact size and simple design, The AquaC protein skimmer is able to process a large volume of water and efficiently remove organic pollutants. I`m very happy with it!"
    Fernando Nosratpour, Senior Aquarist
    Birch Aquarium at Scripps

If you are searching for the most compact, efficient, and powerful hang-on-tank skimmer on the market, look no further. AquaC has finished development of the Remora - the most radical design in skimming to date! Using the same patent pending spray-induction system as their acclaimed in-sump skimmers, AquaC`s Remora is simply the best hang-on available today. The Remora is rated up to 75 gallons and requires a scant 2.75" clearance from the back of the tank. That is slim! You`ll appreciate its low profile, only 6" of vertical clearance is required. Standard equipment include a Rio 800 water pump, adjustable collection cup, and a special baffle system which prevents any bubbles from entering the aquarium. For those who need a more powerful skimmer, AquaC is soon to release a larger hang-on dubbed the Remora Pro. Essentially a larger, beefier version of the Remora, the Pro can handle tanks over 75 gallons in size. It is designed to meet the needs of large, sumpless tanks which cannot benefit from the power of AquaC`s EV Series. Despite its performance (literally blowing away others on the market), the Remora Pro is only 18" x 7.5" x 3.25". That`s right, it is still one of the smallest hang-on skimmers in the industry. This is made possible due to the use of the effiicient spray-induction system found on all AquaC skimmers. The Pro comes standard with a low-wattage, yet forceful Rio 1400, and produces so much foam you won`t believe it till you see it in operation.

The AquaC Remora Series is the first hang-on protein skimmer under $250 to be able to generate a dry consistency of foam that previously only an in-sump "super-skimmer" is capable of. This is especially true of the AquaC Remora Pro.

OmarD

8. Click Here!

9. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

GO WITH OUR SPONSOR...!!!! ;) (as Matt says...)

OmarD

10. dano

dano Spaghetti Worm

thanks for the advice you guys rock. another question i have is it true that the better skimmer you have along with live rock and the live sand there will be a less need for another source of filteration. at least thats what was said down at the lps.
    thanks for the tips hope im not flooding the crew with lame questions.

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

"Flood" away dano...no such thing as "lame" questions here at 3Reef... ;D

OmarD

12. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

That is a tough question that will get many answers. I only use a protein skimmer, refugium, and carbon every once in a while.