odyssea skimmer help

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by onix, Dec 12, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. onix

onix Plankton

Hi every one. This is my first time here, so hello. I am using a acua c remora pro in my 55g tank and I don't have any problems. But my Brother buy a odyssea ps 160 skimmer and yes I was impressed for the price because is a skimmer bigger than aqua c and come with a good pump. The problems is that I don't have idea in how connect the pump To the skimmer in hang on mode. I think that skimmer come without a needed connector

Any body have this skimmer can tell me how to connect the pump or any suggestion to improve the skimmer. I know that this skimmer is not good but my brother don't have one so is better than nothing and his aquarium is a Fish Only With Live Rock (FOWLR)

Thanks a lot

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I also bought one a couple of months ago and I couldnt get it to work. IMO its a piece of chit. It kept on over flowing and never produced any skimate. There are some ppl who have bought and modified it and say its working great. Try going to to Aquatraders and maybe the pics can help. Whats even worse is that it doesnt even come with instructions. I also made a thread about the PS 160 skimmer and I hope it came out so you can see it. Hope this helps. Odyssea PS160 Does anyone have one of Luna

4. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

5. onix

onix Plankton

Well, I try to contact the seller (The hobby palace) and they do anyting to try to help me. I connect the skimmer to the pump using a platic tubing and 1/2 PVC conector and it work. If any one need more sugeestion about this skimmer let me know

thanks