oceanic 29 bio cube

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by [email protected], Mar 2, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. shawnenfield@cox.net

[email protected] Plankton

hi you all doing?recently started a 29 gal oceanic bio cube.been trying to find a skimmer for it.does any body have any idea's.thank you.

2. Click Here!

3. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

4. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Matt,
    I can't get a picture of this link you put up!!
    Maybe just my computer!
    Anyone else have a problem with this link?

5. mattgeezer

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

That works Matt!!!!
    Pretty cool! [email protected] is my sisters' boyfriend-he is new to 3reef and just started a saltwater tank(29gal cube)!

7. mattgeezer

yes , they are quite popular in australia for a self made nano system ...

:)

8. Click Here!

9. shawnenfield@cox.net

[email protected] Plankton

thank you for the imput.much appretiated.i wound up ordering the sapphire aquatic's,maid for the tank.we will try it.and hope for the best.i gues it has got to be better then nothing at all.finaly got all my live rock in.and some cool kelp and algie.now just got to get that skimmer in.thank's again.loving my new litle friend's.they don't talk back.lol

10. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

NOW, let nature take its course and leave the tank alone...no more stuff in the tank!!!
    Continue to monitor the tank by testing your water... and make sure the temperature and salinity is equally kept up to speed!
    I want some kelp!!!!!!!hahah
    Beautiful kelp species from the Fiji Islands that I have never seen before attached to a piece of live rock-rather steep price at $40.00 however if it grows and spreads...can sell it and make up your money and then some!
    TOM
    Good luck with the tank!

11. cory

cory Plankton

Anyone that has the 29 gal bio cube have any troubles with the lights? Our actinic blue bulbs keep burning out. I saw on another forum that someone had to replace the ballast only after two weeks!

Cory

12. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I can answer for Shawn. He hasn't had any troubles with his lighting. It has been set up for over 3 weeks now!!! Knock on wood!
    That little skimmer does a pretty good job as well. Small Sapphire Aquatics skimmer for, I believe, $150.00 ands $15.00 shipping. It fits right in the part of the filtration area that use to house the bio-balls!
    If you guys are interested, it is an alternative for those with nano tanks, especially the Oceaninc cubes IMO!