Osmolator Top-Off System by TUNZE

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Jason McKenzie, Aug 15, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Well I set up my Top off system tonight.

It really wasn't that bad. Aside from the instructions that are written in every Language possible (typical TUNZE) But I didn't need to Reference then that often.
    I was great to see a product that actually supplied enough length in it's cables to suit my plans.
    Once conecting the sensors and the pump I turned it on and away it went. the only problem I had was I thought I had enough distance from over flow pipes but the bubbles were still causing the sensor to activate the pump. Easy fix I just turned the 45s at the ends of the pipes and problem solved. So far so good.

I had planed on documenting the install but the Camera was out of batteries and none were in the charger, So hopfully I'll be showing you working pics tomorrow.

J

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sweet! Look forward to more J.
    Roger from Tunze told me, when they are new, the sensors get a little air film on them that freaks them out. I had this problem too. I wiped them with my fingers a few times and this seem to do it but he suggested running them under hot water should it happen to you again. It hasn't happened to me since, fyi.

I tested mine after to make sure it worked by removing it from the mount and raising it and lowering it in and out of the water to make sure it activated the pump.

Can't wait to see pics. I might move this to the Product Review board eventually.  ;) :)

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

How's it working J?
    Pics?
    :)

5. Jason McKenzie

sorry been prity crazy around here. I will try tonight

J

6. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

Jason how much room does the poece that goes in the sum take up? I'm thinking about trying to get one of these, but I have hardly any room in my sump. Will the calcium dispenser that is on Matt's work on this one?

7. Jason McKenzie

Reefman. I would say about an inch wide by and inch wide and 8-10 deep. So I thing the only way it wouldn't fit in a sump is if the sump was filled with concrete :)

I'm still working on Photos but I have to clean the area up first.

J

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Any updates J?
    How's it working for you?

10. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

Hey J!

I'd also like to see some pics. We've decided on getting the same unit. Right now I just use a float valve in my sump and I don't really trust it. I want to get the osmolator along with 2 x 6000 Ph with controller. I want to wait on the new multi controller that's suppose to be out in a month or two. I'll just go ahead and order everything and get it set up. I don't guess I have to have to controller to operate the PH. I also heard some talk on the magnetic mounts for the PH. I think I would also like to have that. I'm not sure if those are out yet or not or how well they work. Does anyone here know?

Cindy

11. Jason McKenzie

Oh Crap, I forgot. My Wife is away right now and I've been running around trying to get our Condo on the Market, while trying to keep the Bird, Cat and Tanks clean and happy. The bird is trying my nerves.
    Anyway, I'll be painting the bathroom today and will have time to snap some Pics.
    I know I know do I need some Cheese with my wine.

Cindy I'd be very interested in learning more about the PH that mount with magnets could you start a new thread about them. Are they Tunze?

Jason

12. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

Yes, they are Tunze. I'll see if I can relocate that thread.

Uhmmm! Cheese and wine sounds pretty good! [smiley=guitarist.gif]

Cindy