The best

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Reef Club' started by britchey, Sep 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. britchey

britchey Astrea Snail

Hey guys i live out in Geauga county in the boondocks. Im soon going to be putting up my new 75g tank(pics are coming) but i was wondering..What is the single best store around me within about an hours drive. Im tired of going to stores that have 5 saltwater fish and a tub of liverock, but id rather not buy online. Just curious as to who you guys use.

2. Click Here!

3. ricoop

ricoop Skunk Shrimp

I'm starting as well, and only have one LFS. They are pretty high priced so pretty much everything I have gotten so far has been online. I haven't purchased any livestock yet so I won't really be much help in that department. As far as equipment goes I'm not sure what you already have, but I will say my experiences with purchasing online have been nothing but pleasant. Check out alot of the sponsors on here as they have pretty good prices and depending on how much you spend, they may ship for free. Everything I have bought even with shipping has been cheaper online then my LFS. If you are needing rock, I suggest Marco Rocks. I just received my order from them today. I ordered 50lbs of their dry rock. It shipped fast/free, was packaged well, and I ended up getting about 55lbs of rock. It is great quality and I told them what I was looking for and they nailed it. I had reservations about online ordering, but it has worked out well for me.

4. britchey

britchey Astrea Snail

Thanks. Yea I only have one store too. I buy equipment online, just am nervous to buy fish that way

5. Josh116

Josh116 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

on the other side of cleveland you have RMS aquaculture
    in akron theres two turtles pet shop and aquatic interiors
    and if your up for a longer drive on the other side of brunswick there is a saltwater only store but i would have to look up the name of it

1 person likes this.
  6. britchey

britchey Astrea Snail

How is that rms ? Been meaning to check it out

7. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

8. Click Here!

9. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Go to RMS ONLY for supplies, do not buy fish from there. On top of the fact that they dont care of the tanks (constantly dirty, dead or dying fish etc..) I have seen their corals growing right next to antipasia, and their fish selection is not that great.

I do enjoy going to Aquatic Technology in Columbia Station on Route 82. Its a half hour drive for me but worth it. he is a little higher priced but I can say the owner has better quality fish.

There is an upcoming on right down the road from Aquatic technology..mainly has Cichlids but is slowly getting into salt. This guy makes his own acrylic tanks and they are good, store is amazing too (for only being at this new location for a couple months now)..He will give you a discount if you buy enough from him. For example I bought 120lbs of aargonite (sp?) for $40 a bag (40lb bags) when the original price was $45-46 a piece.

10. britchey

britchey Astrea Snail

11. Josh116

Josh116 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I disagree about RMS, I think it's a nice place.
    I definitly agree about aquatic tech. Thats the place I couldn't think of the name of. great selection, awesome fish and coral but I thought the owner was very rude.

I have heard about that last place you mentioned and have been wanting to check it out. Do you know the name of it?

12. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Have you been to RMS lately? Their SW department lacks big time. The tank are dirty (mostly covered in Algae), at least a third of the fish look sickly and the few tanks they have coral in, also have a lot of antipasia. if you wanted FW fish then RMS is ok.

The other place I believe is called Aqua crylic (the site needs work on though it's a work in progress) Welcome