Watchman Goby

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Ricordealubr, Jul 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ricordealubr

Ricordealubr Plankton

Watchman Goby liked (s) to hid in base rock. Got in there 3 days during a partial water change. Never came out. Think he's a gonner. Smells like decay. The rock is so far into the tank I would have to totally take everything out again and I am afraid to shock everybody again. What are the options?

2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

not much, better to leave things the way they are( no reason to stress the tank by moving things around), if dead cleanup crew will do it's ugly job.

4. Ricordealubr

Ricordealubr Plankton

The Goby is inside the rock. I have hermit crabs. They'll get inside, yeah? Also a large land shark type crab I can never remember its name, it just swims upside down , cleans the tank and keeps me amused. Thanks.

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Depends on the holes and size of craps they might get to it (any nassarius snails).. If you have something like a turkey baster or large syringe maybe you could try to blast it out.

But really not worth tearing up your tank.

6. Ricordealubr

Ricordealubr Plankton

Very cute. Size of craps?LOL>Thanks, Chris.

7. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

How are your levels right now?

8. Click Here!

9. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

+1

Not to be harsh or critical, but this is the second thread tonight that I've seen in which you've mentioned a problem with keeping fish and inverts. If you could post some info about your system, such as tank size, what type of water you use, filtration, flow rate, lighting, water parameters, whether or not your tank has a cover and how much livestock you already have, we may be able to help.

In our haste to recreate a reef environment, we all have made the mistake of forgetting that we could never mimic the filtration or gas exchange capacity of the deep blue sea in a little glass box...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011