On the right track? Reef tank

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Guest, Feb 16, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Well my tank is pretty much setup. Its been about a week. I have my sand in, 60Lbs of base rock, added 15 Lbs of live rock to seed the base rock. Threw a damsel in there to help with cycling. Bought a bunch of brine shrimp and threw them all in along with a big one. My nitrates are just below 2.0 damsel is still alive. Bought 2 Lbs of garf grunge and 1 Lbs of Garf grunge Plus which will be coming in the mail tomorrow along with my lights which should be coming tomorrow as well (192 watt orbit). Once the Grunge comes in , im going to throw it in over the rock and turn my lights on im thinking 12 hours daylight 24 hours antinic for about 2 weeks. I occasionally turn my carbon filter on when ever the water turns a little couldy. I plan of getting a skimmer once algae starts growing or my tank is cycled.... Now I plan to throw in a refugium for extra filtration however I tried drilling my 10 gallon glass tank....and you guessed it shatter. For some reasons all my LFS ( I have about 7 of them) SELL NO ACRYLIC tanks except for the gay little 5 gallon one which is rediculous.
    Well any suggestions wil be appreciated

thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Olyoxenfree

Olyoxenfree Astrea Snail

avoid using words like "gay" in your post, it makes you sound stupid and offended people are likely not to post worthwhile replies

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Reefguy, I'm not sure Garf Grunge is suppose to be used in the main tank. It works best in a fuge and with a minimum 4" depth. I could be wrong.

Have you asked your LFS to dill a glass tank for you. They have the correct equipment to cut it without shattering.

J

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

GARF Grunge (tm) an G. G. Light should be used on any sand bed, regardless of location or size.

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Well I guess I could have taken 5 minutes and read about, before I shot my mouth off. I stand corrected.

Sorry for the miss information.

J