tell me about MH lights?

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by locod, Jul 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. locod

locod Flamingo Tongue

first witch is better mogul or HQI? i ended up with a 110gal earlier this week so i guess i will be doing a whole new stand build ;D. the tank is 60"x18"x24"
    im thinking 250w MH would be good im going to run either two or four t-5's also but im not sure if i need 2 or 3 MH's for a tank this long. i can tell you everything about t-5 and pc fixtures but i'd never looked into MH too much so any and all info thoughts and reviews on what you have would be great

2. Click Here!

3. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

I use single ended (3x400) MH, at 30inches tall , you have 24 tall, I would think 250's would work. ( HQI ) would work well for you.

Of course now the T-5's are all the rave, I have not used them and cannot "confirm" if its better than the MH systems or not.

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I honestly dont know the difference between mogul and hqi bulbs or which one is better, but for the hieght and width of your tank, you should go with 250w(at least) and I would go with 3 of them. Luna