Jebo lights???

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by rjweng, Jun 15, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rjweng

rjweng Astrea Snail

2. Click Here!

3. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

I just ordered that same exact fixture. It's cheaper on aquatraders.com. They dont charge as much shipping. I went with the one with 2 halides because they are spaced away from the center. My tank has a center support on the top so if the halide was there, that would restrict the light somewhat. Also it isn't too much for for the 480w then the 305w, and I just like the idea of 480 better than 305. Anyways Jebo Odyssea has a bad rap, but I have 2 of their products now. My skimmer and my PC fixture. Neither have given me any problems. People that had problems are the ones that tried to modify the fixture. My opinion, it's fine. But thats just me and I know for sure someone else on here will hoot that they are just awful.

4. 90_Berlin_joe

90_Berlin_joe Fire Shrimp

Brandon, can you please keep everyone updated on this. I have been looking at this model for about 6 month now and just have not done it. I went and spent 500.00 on a 8 bulb T5-HO unit instead for the fear that the unit in question was bad. So please keep us updated on your Lighting system.

thanks!

5. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Sure thing! It should be here next week sometime. I'll post on its state upon arrival and everything.

6. powdertang05

powdertang05 Fire Worm

yes one thing every reefer must learn sooner or later is what you pay for is what you get. they have reports of fires, i myself have used ice cap and PFO you may spent alittle more up front but yoiu get alot in return. dont waste your money but if you buy it anyway best of luck hop[e your home doesnt burn down.

7. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

God Powdertang05 you are such a NEGATIVE NANCY! I am sick of hearing your negative opinions on everything! My house will NOT burn down and I have 2 Odyssea products right now and neither of them have given me ANY problems at all! One is my skimmer (have to clean it out about 2x a week with all the green sludge) and the other is one of my 2 PC fixtures. Under which my Xenia, Colt, Mushrooms, Green Star Polyp, AND Yellow Polyps have all at least DOUBLED if not QUADRUPLED (in the case of my Yellow Polyps) since they have been under that fixture! And like I said in one of my other posts, the people who had fires, which was like ONE, had done modifications to their ballast! I have heard complaints of people not receiving bulbs or getting broken bulbs, but that's not because of Odyssea. That's because of the actual company shipping them poorly. Yes one of my bulbs on my Odyssea 2x96W PC fixture arrived broken. But the guy who shipped it replaced it IMMEDIATELY. I will chronicle the shipping, receiving, and operation of my fixture over the next several weeks, WITH pictures, and you will see. Don't rain on everyone else's parade. I can't afford $1000 for a top quality brand MH fixture. So I go with what I can afford. And don't tell me that it will burn my house down when you have absolutely NO proof of that other than GOSSIP! And just because not all of us do things the way Mr. Perfect Powdertang does them doesn't mean our tanks aren't just as good. Believe me when I say my tank is my baby! And I would NOT do anything to jeopardize that. I have invested too much of my time, effort, and MONEY to just get a problematic fixture without researching it beforehand. Jesus!

8. Click Here!

9. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

Everyone always remembers the negative and that is what they remember when making an order. I have odyssea 12K PC light bulbs on my coralife, and I like them. People has had their kitchen appliances has caused fires and people don't respond so negative.

10. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

I'm a little mixed on Jebo and have used several of their products, but have had no unexpected or major issues with their products. (The hang on SeaClone, cloned skimmer is a little weak.) There are better products, but they command a premium. I do have Jebo HO lights and have had no problems at all with them and they were a killer bargain. Actually, I rather like them. I don't have personal experience with their MH lamps.

11. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Ok folks, today was the big day! I received my fixture and let me just say WOW! I took some pics and they are below.

First is no biggie, just the boxes they came in, hehe.

Boxes.JPG

Then I took a pic of the MONSTER ballast, my foot is in the pic for a size perspective....I wear a 10 1/2 shoe! One cord for the halides, one for the PCs, and one for the moonlights. Excellent!

Ballast.JPG

The next pic is of the packing job, which I think was done very nicely.

Packing.JPG

Then we have the actual fixture next to the ballast, keep in mind the fixture is about 33" long, and just LOOK at the ballast next to it! I can't get over how big the friggin ballast is! The fixture and ballast are ALL metal, no cheap plastic here! PLUS no broken bulbs! Yea!

Fixture.JPG

Then I fired up the halides....

Halides.JPG

To be continued (max of 5 uploads....)

12. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Then the PCs.....

Total.JPG

And finally the before and after. First my old lights, and now the halide fixture. The pic makes it look bluer then it is. It's blue, really blue, but not like the pic makes it out to be. The pic really does it no justice, you can't even tell there is a shimmer.

P1010120.JPG
    Tank.JPG

God I just LOVE that shimmer! The corals look closed because I took off their PCs early and they were off for maybe an hour before I decided I can't hang it just yet and went ahead and installed the legs. I will post another pic in a few days when they have acclimated to the light. And let me tell you honest to god this fixture is WHISPER QUIET. I can hear the fans, and feel the air blowing out, but it is friggin SILENT. My Odyssea PC fixture sounds like a monster truck ralley compared to this! I ran the whole thing for about 45min and felt the ballast, it was just warm. Not hot....yet. I definitely will have to keep that thing on the outside of my tank on the floor for ventilation though. Plus it's so big, I dont think it will fit well under my stand. That is my only complaint, the size of the ballast. And it's heavy! A good 25-30lbs! Overall my first impressions of it are very good. Not cheaply made, sturdy metal. QUIET! No broken bulbs. Hopefully this will help some of you on the fence about ordering this brand fixture from aquatraders. My experience has been 100% positive.