ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Flamingo Tongue

Skin: Mint
toua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond repute

gallery
Default ballast and fixture pairing

So this will be my first metal halide and I was just wondering if I could pair the bottom ballast and fixture together?

Aqua Medic Metal Halide + T5 Ocean Light Fixture,

I'm interested in this 24'' 150W AquaMedic fixture with the two T5's and the ballast option they gave was the 150W Reeflex ballast which runs 129.99. For a little more I can get the Lumatek 250W Dimmable (I'm under the assumption that it can run 150, 175, and 250 watt fixtures from the description). Would the Lumatek ballast work with the AquaMedic fixture? Also is this plug and play or would I have to splice anything? I'm new to this and would like avoiding splicing, any help would be great, thanks!
toua is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Snowflake Eel

Skin: Classic
Telgar has a reputation beyond reputeTelgar has a reputation beyond reputeTelgar has a reputation beyond reputeTelgar has a reputation beyond reputeTelgar has a reputation beyond reputeTelgar has a reputation beyond reputeTelgar has a reputation beyond reputeTelgar has a reputation beyond reputeTelgar has a reputation beyond reputeTelgar has a reputation beyond reputeTelgar has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

no, you have to get the ballast that matches the fixture, if you get the 150w fixture then get the 150w ballast.
Or get the 250w fixture and the 250w ballast, but dont mix and match the wattages. While they may work for awhile they will likely burn out the bulbs way too fast if not instantly.
Telgar is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Flamingo Tongue

Skin: Mint
toua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond reputetoua has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

so the lumatek can only run 250w bulbs and is just a dimming feature versus multiple wattage then?
toua is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!