2009 MHS 72 Aquarium Metal Halide

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by Karen, Mar 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Karen

Karen Flamingo Tongue

I just bought this light fixture. But, when it came it had no instruction on how to do anything. I am wondering how to set it up. If anyone has purchased this light fixture, I would appreciate all the help I can get on setting it up. I took all the bubble wrap out of the bulbs, (i seen on here someone forgot to do that and I learned from their mistake) it came with the 3 mh ballasts, but I am not sure were to attatch them. Also, it has the different on and off switches witch I would like to hook up to my timers. I just am not sure how to go about that either. Very new with the lighting ect and how to set them up. Thanks ahead of time!!
    MHS 72
    Aquarium Metal Halide Light 1134 watts
    Approx Fixture Size: 72"L x 15 1/4"W x 2 3/4"H

Output:

• MH 250W x3.
    • 96W straight pin power compact x4.
    • Lunar LED x8.
    Feature:

• Individual power cords & power switches for MH bulb, PC bulb, and lunar.
    • non-corrosive coated housing
    • built-in cooling fan
    • external HQI Controller
    • tempered glass splash guard
    • Mounting legs
    • Free Bulbs: 3x 250W double ended 15000K MH bulbs, 4x 96W straight pins Actinic 460nm bulbs, 8x Lunar LED bulb.

2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Sounds cool do you have any pictures? Does it have built in timers? What are you looking to figure out?

4. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

I hope you have someone to help you put it up. That is a large fixture. I dont know that light personally, but most are close to same that I have used. Are you mounting it on the tank or hanging it from ceiling? It will take 2 people to put it on the tank and then hook up your wires. I really hope you have help there.

5. Karen

Karen Flamingo Tongue

Here are the pictures of it.

I tried to get as many pictures to show the whole thing.

Attached Files:

6. Karen

Karen Flamingo Tongue

I will have the help to put it up physically, but he isn't so good with the other aspects of it... LOL

7. Karen

Karen Flamingo Tongue

Well, we have drop ceilings, so I am not sure if hanging them from the ceiling will be possible. I would rather do that though.

8. Click Here!

9. ardo_ski

ardo_ski Peppermint Shrimp

According to the description it has mounting legs so you should not have to worry about hanging it. Just buy yourself some timers for each of the plugs and you should be all set. I use the heavy duty appliance timers you can get at the hardware store.

10. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

You can hook up your lights first before you put them on and make sure they work. Well if you have your feet for your light then you want to measure the length of your tank where your feet will sit and then adjust your feet to that length on your light first before you try to put your light on. Make sure your chords stay wrapped up and out of the way.

11. Karen

Karen Flamingo Tongue

Yes, it does have the mounting legs. I just wanted to know if would be better to hang it or use the legs. Thanks for all your help!

12. Karen

Karen Flamingo Tongue

I will make sure they work. That would save me some anger if they didn't after going threw all that work to get them on the tank. lol