12000k 14000k 20000k 10000k???

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by Uber, Nov 3, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Uber

Uber Astrea Snail

wanted some opinions on these three bulbs, please include the manufacturing company of the product.

i have had litte to no expierence with any of them, only ones ive had are 6500 and below.

cheers

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I can only tell you about 6500k and 10,000k. I was not a fan of the 6500k's because of the yellowness factor. I liked the 10k's as they were a crisp white color. I'm guessing I missed a number of intermediate posts. I'm gonna go searching for them now to see if I have any input.

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Here are some colour comparisons of different bulb Kalvin ratings and the look that they produce

Colour temperature

J

5. Uber

Uber Astrea Snail

this is my tank now, uner 4x96 watt PC's i know its not enough tlight for this 60 gallon tank, thats why i got the 2 400w metal halide ballasts, now im just pndering my bulb selection, and had to build a hod for them, heres a pic

Attached Files:

6. Uber

Uber Astrea Snail

sorry so blurry, my dig cam was having trouble with the movement, plus i also noticed taht i had it to ultra fine detail, ill change and take a nother photo, of my early stage tank

7. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

I have 10,000k 175 watt Ushios and love the color. My softies seem to really like them as well.

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Awesome aquascaping!!!

I'm worried about the tang though. The tank is VERY clean of algae---cleaner than mine :) . Do you have any Nori or nori clips? I cannot see the tang from the front so maybe my worries are unfounded. Please don't think I'm being critical at all---because I'm not----it's more of a concern. (The thickness under the dorsal fin is more telling than stomach size).

Here's my concern. Tangs are grazers and do awesome jobs of removing nuisance algaes. However, once they are done grazing, they need supplemental plant material like Nori.

Like I said, I may be overreacting because I can't see your tang from the front. I just wanted to throw this out there just in case.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I agree nice rockwork! [smiley=smokin.gif]

And that's a great link J! I added it to the 3reef links library. ;) :)

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

NICE ONE! :eek: 8)

Now I have to add that one too! ;D