3reef.com Zetlight Cup 2012

Discussion in 'Marine Aquarium Video Contest' started by luisgo, Oct 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. luisgo

luisgo Astrea Snail

Here is my video and some photos of my 125 mixed reef tank for the contest. Tips are at the equipment section at the end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

4. budsbunny

budsbunny Bristle Worm

very beautiful corals

how old is this tank?

5. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

May I also ask how you built that netting? It seems to fit perfectly!. I would like to make the same thing for my tank.

Looks brilliant as per my comment higher up :p. If my tank comes close to this, I would be proud.

6. Electrobes

Electrobes Plankton

Great to see your tank here dude! I remember your TOTM, I still go back to read it.

7. luisgo

luisgo Astrea Snail

Thanks for the comments.

As to how old is the tank it all depends on how we define the age. This tank has gone thru different stages and setups. The rock in this tank was collected in 1990 for my first 100 gallon tank. In 1999 I transferred all of the rock and corals to a new 125 gallon which I have today. In 2005 I moved the tank from the garage to inside my house where it is today. My frogspawn is more than 10 years old!

In February last year after five years of coral growth it was almost impossible to maintain good water quality due to the size of the corals and the war between them. Some corals were getting out of the water! For that reason, I decided to start all over again and some major changes were made in water flow, filtration, lighting and coral placement.

The netting over the tank was built with screen frames from Home Depot and the netting from Bulk Reef Supply. You build the net to fit your tank. Now I don't loose any more fish jumping out of the tank!

Electrobes I am happy to read that you still read my system information when it was TOTM! My system is a little different now but I still love the softies and LPS that move in the current!

8. Click Here!

9. Electrobes

Electrobes Plankton

Luisgo, what's new with the tank.. do you have your specs listed somewhere? Your tank is always an inspiration!

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Absolutely stunning.
    Thanks for the video tour and entering the contest!
    Do you have a new build thread?
    matt

11. luisgo

luisgo Astrea Snail

Thanks Matt. I have some build threads at other websites but I am more or less new at 3Reef.com. I imagine I can't add a link here to other websites. After the contest I will post more info on my tank with lots of photos of the re-build on February last year.

I received a message from you that the video does not qualify for the contest. I imagine has something to do with the tip. I included what I understand is a tip about using a net on top of the aquarium to keep fish from jumping out of the water. Maybe is a different kind of tip like be patient or something like that.

I will add a note at the beginning of the video to see if that is what is needed to qualify.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah - that PM was off in your account - after watching the video, I saw the tip. You are fine. You can link to other sites if you wish, that is fine too. Although a build on 3reef would be appreciated. :) Welcome to 3reef. Happy to have you here.
    matt