Liverock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Jay, Jun 7, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Can I please get you to visit my photo gallery and view the recent liverock purchase I got from a vender. Im not impressed with their so called " Absolutly the best premium Figi Liverock available ". I want your opinion to see if its just me being picky or what. The rock appears to me to have been buried in the mud and is no more than average quality base rock at best. The vender is arguing with me that this is the standard walt smith premium liverock. Take a look here at this link and please give me your opinion back to this thread.
    http://www.3reef.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8802

Thanks

Jay :confused:

My Gallery

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Looks like a bunch of dead rocks to me :(
    I have always been amazed at what the LFS and other people have charged for lifeless looking rocks.
    Sorry for your monetary loss. My live rock purchases have been limited to Tamapbaysaltwater.com and liverocks.com both of which are Florida aquacultured rock and the pictures are wysiwyg.
    I wouldn't recommend that vendor again even if it is the standard rock that they ship.
    I would tell them if this is your standard, then you either need to sell it a LOT cheaper or you better start raising your standards!!

Jim

4. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

I can assure you that the rock in the pictures IS NOT premium. Looks like regular cured rock to me. Definetly not premium. Premium has coralline, sponges, a lot of advanced growth. That's why it's called premium and cost more!

Take it back. How much did you pay for it? The guy is obviously a salesman, dont shop there again. Fooled you once, he will fool you again. :mad:

5. Diver_1298

I bought this rock a couple of years ago for $5.00 a pound. This picture was taken a couple of weeks later in my 20 long tank, right as I was having a small cyno outbreak. Their base rock was 2.50 a pound with interesting shapes just no color to them.
    [​IMG]

I have heard from some people saying they dont like all the corals on the rocks and the sponges all die off, the rock is heavier than figi or tonga etc. etc. I guess it is all up for debate.

Jim

6. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Want to know who it was? I just got their fourth email saying they wont be helping me with this. I will be posting the emails with all the origional pictures If I can figure out how. I was very nice and professional just trying to get it resolved. They want me to pay shipping back to LA for returning rock that their supplier goofed on. I feel like I got the short end AGAIN aaarrggg.

Jay

7. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Have you contacted Walt Smith about the quality of the rock that is being touted as "his?" Not that it'll get you anything but he might be interested in knowing about this?

10. gkw

gkw Peppermint Shrimp

Man, that's sux! Can't believe marinedepot would do such thing.

Diver: What's that thing on your rocks? Circle in red.

Attached Files:

11. Diver_1298

Attached "local" gulf of mexico hard coral. I'm not sure of the name or type.

Jim

12. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

I will send the email to Waltsmith and see what they say. I would almost bet that rocks that come in boxes labeled JBJlighting is not even waltsmith liverock. Thats what was on the box.

Jay