ReefRadiance DM-55e moonlights

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by noles426, Mar 26, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. noles426

noles426 Plankton

Hello all, I just wanted to comment as well on the great customer service that Rick and his company ReefRadiance provides. It was a pleasure working with him and I received my 2 DM-55e's yesterday and have put one on my 44 corner as I wait for the other items for my 90 gal that I hope to set up in a few months. Here are some pictures of the 55e on my my tank in case anyone is looking to see how they look on a deeper tank. Thanks again Rick and I will definitely recommend your products!

I did have one question for the forum. For anyone that uses moonlighting, do you leave them on all night or do you have a dark period for some time on your tank(s)? Thanks everyone in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Gabby

Gabby Spaghetti Worm

Looking good! My tank is dark from 5am-8am, I'm not sure what benefit it provides though.

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

5. OPForest

OPForest Fire Worm

They look good. One of the lights that ive been considering. can you post some more pics? anything you don't like about it? how are your corals living/growing under it?

6. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

It would be awesome if you can post some more pics soon and keep us updated on how everything is doing with the new light. After reading this post it only makes me want to buy my IT2040 from Rick at ReefRadiance even more now.

7. Flying Turkey

Flying Turkey Astrea Snail

I really like my Lumentek Pro 120 I got from Reef Radiance. I have a brand new tank with only 3 corals, but I haven't killed them yet! lol. They seem to like the light. I have it programmed to simulate a 12 hour natural lighting cycle with sunrise and sunset. Light intensity adjusts every 10 minutes. I leave the moonlights on for about 3 hours. The tank is completely dark from Midnight to 6:00 AM.