Need help from an LED Guru!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by tinwhisker, Apr 16, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tinwhisker

tinwhisker Plankton

I have a couple of identical 120w chinese lights. 2 dimmable channels, white and blue. One light got wet and about 1/2 the leds went out...using parts from the good one, through process of elimination I determined which component was bad. Its easily replaceable, but I can't find one to buy! I've been all through ebay and LED suppliers and cant find it. I think its a driver or a power supply. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a compatible replacement?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

it's going to be a tough one. most of those Chinese manufacturers make their own everything to keep cost low. you try contacting whoever you got it from?

4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I would contact Reef Breeders. If they themselves don't have them, they may be able to get you one. I actually need one myself...

5. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Do the lights have a controller for dimming? Do they dim with a knob?

Mean Well ELN-60-48D dimmable driver - Rapid LED

This is the closest one I could find. This one dims with a potentiometer (0-10V signal) but they have one that dims with PWM signal as well for a controller.

It will only power up to 62 watts of leds so you would need to check how many watts you need. It will only supply 48 volts as well. Since it supplies 1000mA you would need to turn it down to 630mA to match the current driver (this is easy to do). There are other options as well if you would like to add two different drivers and change the wiring of the leds (you would have to do some soldering).

6. Evan12

Evan12 Plankton

You can contact to beastled.com,they are in this business from long time .I usually preferred to buy LED's from them for my project works.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014