Meanwell Electronic Enclosures ??

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Xx__xX, Apr 12, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Xx__xX

Xx__xX Plankton

Looking to tidy up my Mean wells. I have wires & drivers laying every where (trip hazards). In the past I seen threads with people putting the drivers in enclosures to condense the mess. Basically looking for extrusion case or Electronic Enclosure for 4 to 6 mean wells.

Are there any drawback in dosing this. Can anyone point me in the correct direction. Photos???

2. Click Here!

3. Xx__xX

Xx__xX Plankton

been looking at electronic enclosure, Boy expensive. I know I read some wear on here with people experimenting with this. I also thought about buying a cheap plastic tool box. It would look not so good but would serve it purpose.

Anyone with input????

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

5. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

It is a small hole in the ground, usually dry, that is constantly trying to break your ankle. ;D

I wish I could help on an enclosure. I am having the same issue and will most likely end up with a board of them instead of in a box.

Curious if enclosing them would cause heat issues....

6. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Make one out of plywood. Mount them inside the sides. Have a hole on the bottom with some type of filter, a fan on top sucking air in from the bottom and exiting the top. Make one smaller hole to put in a power strip on the inside of the box. All wires hidden.

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. Xx__xX

Xx__xX Plankton

[​IMG]

10. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

:cheesy: Haha

Just saw AV8's cabinet. Very nice set up right there. Something tells me he has a little bit of construction experience turning the PVC into conduit. :)

A cheap alternative would be to mount all of the drivers to a piece of plywood. Then mount that piece of plywood to the back of your stand. If you have room you could do this in the cabinet, but just mounting it to the back of the stand would work just fine. Use nutts/bolts if you can't get behind the tank with a drill.