If you're interested in a DIY led system!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by cosmo, Dec 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

doesnt seem as hard after seeing it!

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Reefwerks won! Granted well above my intial budget but i'm sick of buying something for now and then realize i needed to buy more for the future!

this thing is gonna be around the same set up as the Eclipse by UniqueLED or be a little better than the AI Sol!

Gonna be a 48 led Cree system of about 70% blue variations and 30% whites! coming with fans housing, dimmers, etc etc etc! Plug and play!

Gave him a budget and he gave me a system, then i gave him a budget and plan for the future and he gave me another system! We tweaked it over a few days and then i said thats $100 more than if i built it myself and it wouldnt look near as nice! So i'm paying more than i wanted, but for the next 10 years I will burn 75% less energy and save $100 a year in bulbs and how many ballasts! And BTW to build this from prefab piecesm after you add all the extras your at $1000 easy! Save the cash and let them do it for it! or if you're electronically inclined, tell them what you need and they'll get it to you!

5. Meanie

Meanie Spaghetti Worm

That's a nice write up I need to save that.

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid