bigger tank need another fixture Ocd kicking in

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by mikekx65, Apr 21, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

Well I went from a 55high to a 75g and now I need another led fixture. My fis one was a 120w full spectrum dimmable off ebay. This exact one.Full Spectrum 120W Dimmable LED Aquarium Light Coral Marine Reef Fixture Lamp | eBay

Now I need another one and all the ones I see now are slightly different if you look at the bulbs themselves on the one I already purchased they are individual but on the new ones they are all open should I be worried about finding the same exact one or should this one be fine?
    2014 New Full Spectrum Dimmable 120W LED Aquarium Light Coral Reef Marine Lamp | eBay

2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I don't really know what you mean by the bulbs being open on the new ones. They are covered by an acrylic cover, so no worries there. I have 3 of the newer (newest?) versions over my 125, and so far so good. I actually think 4 reds is too many anyways. The newer one with less reds is the way to go IMO.

4. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Should have went bigger. Seems like a lot of work just to add 20 more g's

I just got a new LED and went through the same process. It drove me nuts trying to figure out which ones are better what does what. Finally I have to make a decision and move on. I went Fluval because it fit my hood the best (I cant hang anything).

Good luck. Dont drive yourself crazy. Also lots of threads about this same subject.

5. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

It's hard to explain but if you look at the one I already have you can see there are individual holes for each diode. Then on the newer one all the diodes are just in one big opening. And the only reason I even upgraded is because I was moving and there was no way I was going to be able to tear my 55 gallon down and move it to the new place and set it all back up in one day by myself. So I got a 75 gallon got it set up then moved my livestock. I'd still have my 55 if it weren't for the move. Besides 75 get is more than enough for me.

6. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

The best way I can describe what I'm talking about is there is webbing between the diodes of the one I already have and the new ones don't have the webbing